What is working for you?

Options
Working hard, but the weight isn't coming off. Anyone have a good plan for success?

Replies

• melly049
    melly049 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you having a day? I was only allowing myself 1200 and didn't lose for ages. So i allow myself to now go up to 1800, even though I hardly get that much. But now I am losing again :-)
  • lbe1982
    lbe1982 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks for your input. I need to keep better track of my calories. I eat very healthy, lots of veg. and fruit, chicken and steak. I need to increase my workouts to 6day's a week. If I could just loos 10 pounds, I would be more encouraged to work harder. Nothing is easy...
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Yup. Lots of steak could be lots of calories if you really aren't keeping track. Weigh and measure all your food and log everything. You can't just imagine that you are eating at a deficit.
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    So far I would say that what I've been doing is working for me. I've been losing 1-1.4 lbs every week. My cal goal is set at 1500 cal, doing Tapout XT 6x/week and 3x/week of Chalean Extreme. And every Saturday I try to hit 700-1,000 cal burn :)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Sometimes your body gets bored of the workout routine or may not have enough time to rest? Try keeping track of your calories and its really important to learn about measuring foods. It will help you really understand portion sizes and calorie counting.

For me, I'm 182 lbs right now and my daily caloric intake is usually between 1400 - 1672 max. I do 30 Day Shred atleast 20 mins a day (sometimes I do both levels so 40 mins), take daily multivitamin, CLA (6000mg)+ Green Tea Extract (350mg). I lose atleast 2 lbs, sometimes 1.5 lbs a week. Drinking lots of water.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) and Fast-5 form of IF (19/5) every day.
    Lost 38 lbs in 76 days so far.

I go to bed feeling very full every day too.
  • ruthiestamos
    ruthiestamos Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    sometimes sort of tricking your body one day eat the high end of your range and the next day the low it is a way to shocking your system into letting go. don't forget that little changes will add up to big changes over time so don't get discouraged. :smile:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    My Wonderplan (Disclaimer: Might only work for me) - 15% carbs tops (avoid grains, pasta, rice, white potatos, legumes, etc), don't be afraid of dietary fat, enjoy whole unprocessed foods, eat meat, eat eggs, eat more eggs, worship bacon, eat enough essential nutrients, resistance exercise sometimes to build/preserve muscle, low level cardio often for the enjoyment and top the day off with lashings of red wine because I ain't a bleeding saint.

And be flexible. If I want some garlic bread, I have some, I don't base my intake on relatively nutrient-poor food.

Calories? I am still working on what my body needs. I've been upping mine lately past the default MFP guideline for a weekly deficit and haven't seen any apparent decrease in fat loss so on I go.
  • lbe1982
    Options
    I love following "YOU TUBE" for new workouts. At age 50 I'm very happy to be retired. Therefore I'm making loosing weight and eating healthy my new mission in life.
  • lbe1982
    Options
    I've increased my fitness workouts, keeping track of my calories, which have been below my allowed intake. Staying off the scales, only once a week. Will see on Monday if I have made any progress.
  • Bigjayinga
    Bigjayinga Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Try doing early morning cardio before you eat. It's working for me.
  • LiZzie1917
    Options
    I'm doing a myfitpal/Paleo/Intermittent Fasting hybrid. Having great success. I'm hardly ever hungry outside my 8 hr eating window and feel great.
  • LiZzie1917
    Options
    Amen. Good for you. I just quit work ( no retirement money) but loving the time I have to plan my meals and diligently log.
  • LiZzie1917
    Options
    I'm doing a myfitpal/Paleo/Intermittent Fasting hybrid. Having great success. I'm hardly ever hungry outside my 8 hr eating window and feel great.
  • lbe1982
    Options
    Being out of work has been a blessing. Although I'm having a hard time with my sleeping habits. LIVE...LOVE....LAUGH...
  • lbe1982
    Options
    :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!