Sensa

Options
Has anyone here actually lost weight using Sensa? I don't understand how sprinkling a magic powder on your food will make you lose weight. Perhaps the act of sprinkling makes you stop for a second and think that you are going to eat less, and so you become mindful and in the moment and as a result eat less?

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i've heard of it, would never try it, but what i assumed it does it expand in your stomach and make you full.
  • hallo_chief
    hallo_chief Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My friend and her mom are going to try it - her mom figured if her husband can spend $100 on beer and cigarettes, she could spend $80 for two months worth of sensa (one month if she splits with my friend lol) on herself.
    I never know with these things though - if anyone hears anything good about it, I could reassure my friend xD
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    wow, i checked out the web-site.. this sounds like snake-oil to me:

The scientific principle behind SENSA® is remarkably simple. As you eat smell and taste receptors send messages to your brain which release hormones that tell your body it's time to stop eating. This is a phenomenon we call Sensory Specific Satiety. By enhancing smell, SENSA® Tastants were designed to help speed up the process and trigger your "I feel full" signal, so you eat less and feel more satisfied. Because SENSA® works with your body's natural impulses, rather than against them, there are no feelings of hunger or intense cravings.
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Just another gimmick for those seeking shortcuts to weight loss. Perhaps is works for some, or has some moderate effectiveness for most but it does not do the one thing needed for true weight loss and that is change a person's mindset.