Is your fat all of a sudden squishier than usual???

Options
My belly and arm fat was so soft and easy to grab all day... I thought maybe I was gaining but my measurements and weight were the same. So I've been surfing the web all night.......

And I think I found the answer!!

"Hard fat is fat that hasn't seen a good deal of blood circulation in a loooooong time. The fat tends to settle nicely and gets relatively hard. Remember fat needs very little maintenance so the body doesn't bother providing much circulation to the tissue. It's therefore common for people that haven't had much exercise to have hard fat (or rather, it's just firm). Once you start getting plenty of cardiovascular exercise however your circulation improves dramatically. Your body needs to open all the capilliaries at the surface of your skin to get the blood moving around. This means capilliaries through subcutaneous fat. So as you get fitter, your fat turns more jelly-like (it's quite nasty, trust me ). However, it's a great sign. The more blood vessels going through your fat, the more readily your body can access those fat stores and the healthier your body is becoming."

"You'll get squishy when you start to break down fat as h2o is a byproduct of metabolism, which is why bodybuilders take diuretics before a comp."

- when fat is burned, fat cells take up water to maintain its shape for a couple of days

more info on the statement above: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...uishy-fat.html

Anyone going through or went through the same thing?

Share thoughts :D

Replies

• Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I've become squishier, yeah. I was always pretty squishy. But now It's like... OMG I'M MELTING.

I'm trying to work it off, no success so far =[
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Yes - I am experiencing that at the moment. Its quite noticible on my stomach, good to know that all the hard work is working. I am doing plenty of cardio so the explanation sounds plausible - but of course I want to believe that I am getting healthier :laugh: - I have been trying to increase my weights as well to see if it was because I was doing too much cardio/not enough weights and that was why I am so "jiggly"
  • Ventnorman
    Options
    Yes i no what you mean ! was thinking the same the other day when i got on the scales !.
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Yep - Right with you :grumble: :laugh:
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've noticed my arms getting a little jabba-the-hutty and it was freaking me out thinking maybe I was gettig saggy skin and fat. Good to know it's normal!
  • susiebear29
    Options
    YES!!!! on my stomach and the skin has gone all wrinkly it's gross!!!! :sad:
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Lyle's right. It's a sign of good things to come!
  • ShannonBas
    ShannonBas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ooooooooooooooooh.... so THAT'S what's happening. :blushing:
    I was wondering why I tended to get squishy-er when I stuck to my workouts pretty good. LOL! That's great info to know, I'll keep at it then!! :heart: :heart:
    :drinker:
  • rusialeelee
    Options
    I've noticed my arms getting a little jabba-the-hutty and it was freaking me out thinking maybe I was gettig saggy skin and fat. Good to know it's normal!

seriously I was freaking out!
    My night consisted of webcamming with my boyfriend and stretching my belly fat for him to see how squishy it got. I thought it was loose skin at first. but I'm 21.... and I did strength training with Jillian. There is no way that it was loose skin...
    and then JACKPOT :D yayyy!!
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    stomach here too....it wobbles lol
  • ruthmiriam
    ruthmiriam Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting that! I was just noticing today how much more things were jiggling (yuk!), glad to hear it is actually a good thing!
  • thecazstewart
    thecazstewart Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Oh thank GOD for that..... Thanks for posting!
  • Kari089
    Kari089 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    right on! I was complaining just the other day about my jiggling..come to find out it's a good sign! woohoo! ;) thanks for the info!
  • chezileigh
    chezileigh Posts: 255
    Options
    I hadn't realised that was why, but bizarrely it's the same with horses, fat horses tend to get a crest along the topline of their neck, if and that crest becomes hard, it becomes more of a worry. I just didn't know why until now.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! Who knew?!
  • miansl
    miansl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I hear you! but you will "jiggle' less if you weight train/lose weight slowly and eat a good amount of protein and fats.. :)
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    This is why I love this website. Little things like this that I notice on myself and I think I'm going crazy....OTHER PEOPLE UNDERSTAND!!!! My tummy feels like a bunch of dough right now lol.