Im at a stand still...need HELP Please....

Options
So as everyone knows i have been having some break down moments up and downs :sad: but lately nothing has changed i have been trying to eat all my calories of 1,540 a day and i workout almost everyday im doing insanity right now so i break 1 day a week and nothing is changing been at 183 for sometime now i need some help if i should change my workout or what im so confused please any information will help thanks for your time and you all are doing great keep up the good work :smile:

Replies

• JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing the same workout? I just started eating my maintenance calories(plus eating back workout cal ) plan on doing it for a week(plus some surplus days) to try to build some muscle mass avoid my body getting accustomed to its current deficient. What kind of deficient is accounted for in the 1500+? And how long have you been eating that amount?
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I had to meet my BMR, and change workouts every six weeks. Your muscles have memory, you have to confuse them.
  • ninerschick
    ninerschick Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have been doing insanity for a month so far about to go to the second half and ive been eating the same amount since i was 190
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    Have u calculated your calorie needs or are u using mfp defaults?
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    I saw a post by helloitsdan I think if you do a search for road map it should bring it up, he makes alot of sense to me and the post helps you verify that mfp's goals are right for you also it brought to my attention that I was creating too big of a deficient for myself now that I should only be cutting less than 500 a day(which is partially why I'm doing a kinda reset week) also it prompted me to change my macro percentages. U might take a peek(for the body fat percentage I took both provided on the link he suggested and averaged them)

Edit:typos I'm on a tablet and it likes to change my words.. Excuse me if I missed any
  • ninerschick
    ninerschick Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i have been using mfp defaults...even though i have been doing this for some time now its still all new to me and im still somewhat confused on all this..
  • alexmrusu
    Options
    I started at 200 and the calorie intake MFP suggested was 1300. Once I hit 190, it recalculated my calories and dropped them to 1230/day. I don't know why they would suggest over 1500 for you at 190, but something helpful might be to go into "Settings", "Update my fitness profile" (or something along those lines) and see if maybe some information is not accurate.

My activity level is at light, even though I work out everyday for at least an hour. Maybe you've set the overall daily activity level too high?

Also, if you are doing insanity, you might be gaining muscle mass, since it's so intense. The scale is not always accurate. You might be losing fat, but not much weight.

Insanity is considered one of the best for weightloss and toning, because it constantly confuses your muscles. If you are staying true to those workouts, then diet is most likely the issue. Look into your calorie intake settings, try to eat clean food in small meals throughout the day, and be patient...

Your body won't listen to you if your attitude is not positive. Use all your experiences (good or bad) to learn from, and don't despair. Weight loss is one of the most difficult things to do because it takes a toll on your body and on your mind as well.

You've lost 32 pounds so far and that's admirable! Don't beat yourself up for a minor bump in the road.