Protein Shake Horror!

Options
I am in need of some lovely advice.
The other week, i took a risk and brought some Chocolate Protein Powder hoping to finaly be in the Protein Shake club...
Its HORRIBLE!!
Ive now got a load of this stuff and even drink it!
Please please pleeeease give me some ideas on how to make it taste better. Chocolate isnt allowed to taste bad =[

Replies

• DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    make protein bars :)
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    YUK. Add some bananas, some non fat yogurt some strawberries or even some fat free sugar free pudding mix!
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options
    myprotein.com they are very reasonable on prices i bought the true exelle diet one in vanilla and chocolate and the rasberry oat and whey bars are lovely
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    That's a shame. Hope you get rid of it soon. My fave protein is PHD Diet Whey vanilla. It is soooo good!
  • cjhart81
    cjhart81 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Blitz up with ice milk and cooled brewed coffee.. instant mochacino! :D
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options
    were did u get it from if your cheeky enough take it back says its inedible and disgusting they may change for another brand :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Tbs peanut butter!
  • slendergirl1988
    Options
    I CANNOT love protein powder/shakes, I have tried! I'd probably put it with lots of oats and fruit and make some kind of a breakfast crunchie shake thing.
  • iSpuggz
    iSpuggz Posts: 39
    Options
    I had some nasty protein powder too so added some mint aero hot chocolate powder, tasted fine cold and made it taste minty and took away the nasty-ness.
  • thecrass
    thecrass Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Have you had it with skimmed milk, not the best way to have it but tastes better than with water, although with water it gets to your muscles faster. also less water or milk makes it thinker which can be better.
    ive never had the chocolate one i use the whey protein isolate strawberry cream from myprotein.com it does the job.
  • Aeolinus
    Options
    try amplified wheybolic extreme 60. I have tried so many diffrent protein shakes but this one was the only one i actually enjoyed. Its kinda like nesquik. Its pretty good in milkshake form.
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    first, how are you using it? and two, have you tried mixing in a blender with banana, strawberries, blueberries, and mango, then add some milk about 1 cup. that's how i take mine and i fell in love with the protein shakes. i used body fortress chocolate flavor. it was the best. try that, hope it helps.
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Add some vanilla (or other flavor) no sugar added ice cream or fat free yogurt
    crushed ice
    water
    and if needed a packet of truvia and try it....

I have chocolate too and it has an aftertaste to it....

sugar fee cocoa or hershey's syrup is an idea too....
  • cubanken
    cubanken Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would get Nu-Naturals vanilla stevia droppers. That even makes wheat grass tolerable.
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    depends how you make it milk or water?

I cant stomach it making it with water, but with milk I can just tolerate it and drink it fast.

Otherwise I'd add peanut butter, banana, make protein bars with it. Or get a vanilla flavour and do one scoop choc one scoop vanilla that can help the flavour

What brand did you get? It takes a while to find a 'good' brand thats tastey. I LOVE phd diet Choc orange protein but have recently (due to price) gone on to Myprotein.co.uk and got their whey protein stuff, its yummers and LOADS of different flavours. PLUS you can get smaple bags for £1 for one scoop to try it first. yes it is expensive compared to getting the big tubs if you work it out but I bought a load of different flavours to try so I knew incase I didnt like them. So it works out :)
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Blitz up with ice milk and cooled brewed coffee.. instant mochacino! :D

I LOVE this idea! Thanks I will be trying this :)
  • DwightKSchurte
    Options
    My solution for that is cinemon and frozen berries. After that every protein shake tastes awesome :)
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    YUK. Add some bananas, some non fat yogurt some strawberries or even some fat free sugar free pudding mix!

Exactly what I was going to suggest.
  • VinVenture
    VinVenture Posts: 290
    Options
    I mainly eat protein-enriched nutrient goop for breakfast. Simple and with a hint of cookie flavour.

2 tbsp peanut butter
    1/2 c dry oats
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder

Put all in bowl, pour boiling water enough to cover and stir until smooth.
    Serve with cold milk for best results.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    If you are in the UK, Natures Best Vanilla is the best tasting shake I've ever had. It's like vanilla ice cream. I mix it with almond milk or normal milk and it's divine. I swear its good. I find the chocolate ones taste awful. I know someone who adds a little cocoa powder to the NB one and it's good I'm told.

http://www.naturesbest.co.uk/whey-protein(vanilla-flavour)-p354/

i love it with spinach and pb.