30 Day Shred. Day 1

Options
So I just finished day 1 of 30 day shred. Which means I have 29 days left. I'm counting down. This is a challenge for me but I want to push aside this obstacle. I know I can do it. I really really hate strength training. Especially when my legs are sore from week 3 of day 1 of C25K. I hope I can do the 2 without causing pain on my body.
How did you guys feel on the first day of 30 day shred.
I stopped alittle bit on the bicycle crunches... It was hurting my stomach. I was dripping sweat. (Maybe, because I was exercising without the ac) - Is that a good idea? I'm burning more fat right?

Your thoughts & opinions matter so comment awayy <333333333

Replies

• bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    Options
    im no expert but i think you should be working without ac or fan . i always do it without any cooling. I'm gonna be startin 30DS soon i just keep procrastinating. But hopefully it will be soon now! please do keep updating so somehow that inspires me to start up earlier :)
  • ninjakowski
    Options
    I did my first day today too. I really enjoyed it. I only just made it through the last bit of cardio but it felt good. I did it without weights though as we dont have any small enough, will get some soon but dont think it will hurt to do it for a few days without them, it was hard enough lol.

Good luck :)
  • eresin
    eresin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I was going to start day 1 when i get home from work before dinner ( I have to get up really early as it is so no chance in the morning)
    Are you supposed to do 10 days at level 1 the move up or is 30 days per level?
    I sat a watched the workouts for levels 1 and 2 so I know what to expect, though definitely starting at level 1!
  • andreashawty100
    Options
    I was going to start day 1 when i get home from work before dinner ( I have to get up really early as it is so no chance in the morning)
    Are you supposed to do 10 days at level 1 the move up or is 30 days per level?
    I sat a watched the workouts for levels 1 and 2 so I know what to expect, though definitely starting at level 1!

Its level1 - 10 dasys
    level 2- 10 days
    level 3- 10 days
  • andreashawty100
    Options
    im no expert but i think you should be working without ac or fan . i always do it without any cooling. I'm gonna be startin 30DS soon i just keep procrastinating. But hopefully it will be soon now! please do keep updating so somehow that inspires me to start up earlier :)

You sweat a hell lot more! I was procrastinating too but instead of thinking If I want to do it.. I just do it- like nike saids.
  • andreashawty100
    Options
    I did my first day today too. I really enjoyed it. I only just made it through the last bit of cardio but it felt good. I did it without weights though as we dont have any small enough, will get some soon but dont think it will hurt to do it for a few days without them, it was hard enough lol.

Good luck :)

I did it was filled up water bottles. It hurt in the moment. Pain in the *kitten*.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

I couldn't do this. My asthma would be telling me all about it if I had no air movement going on... My air is on AND I have a fan blowing on me. To each their own, though. :smile:

ETA: Oh and I drip sweat doing it with the air and fan on, BTW. I did 30DS (April 3- May 12, 5 days per week) followed by Ripped in 30 (May 22-June 29, again 5 days per week). I'm now doing Jillian's Kickbox FastFix. I STILL drip sweat every day doing her workouts.
  • _beautiful_disaster_
    Options
    bump.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 18 (day 8 of level 2)...for anyone just starting, don't get discouraged!! I was so sore the first couple days but haven't really been sore since. I can tell I'm working my muscles (though I still hate the strength training) but I don't get sore afterwards anymore.

As for the fan/ac...just be careful if you're working out without one. This isn't some slow yoga where you're holding poses. You're jumping around and sweating a lot. Even though it's only 20-ish minutes, heat exhaustion doesn't take long. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water and be careful in the summer heat. I use a ceiling fan every time I work out if it's over 75 degrees.
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I finished L1D8 this morning - they days are going by SO fast!

The first few days really kicked my butt but the soreness really went away around day 5. I've heard stepping up to level 2 kicks your butt again, and I'm sure it's the same for level 3 as well. :)
  • andreashawty100
    Options
    I finished L1D8 this morning - they days are going by SO fast!

The first few days really kicked my butt but the soreness really went away around day 5. I've heard stepping up to level 2 kicks your butt again, and I'm sure it's the same for level 3 as well. :)

I can't wait for when I'm on day 15. I just want the days to go by fast already!!!
  • andreashawty100
    Options

I couldn't do this. My asthma would be telling me all about it if I had no air movement going on... My air is on AND I have a fan blowing on me. To each their own, though. :smile:

ETA: Oh and I drip sweat doing it with the air and fan on, BTW. I did 30DS (April 3- May 12, 5 days per week) followed by Ripped in 30 (May 22-June 29, again 5 days per week). I'm now doing Jillian's Kickbox FastFix. I STILL drip sweat every day doing her workouts.

How were your results?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    So I just finished day 1 of 30 day shred. Which means I have 29 days left. I'm counting down. This is a challenge for me but I want to push aside this obstacle. I know I can do it. I really really hate strength training. Especially when my legs are sore from week 3 of day 1 of C25K. I hope I can do the 2 without causing pain on my body.
    How did you guys feel on the first day of 30 day shred.
    I stopped alittle bit on the bicycle crunches... It was hurting my stomach. I was dripping sweat. (Maybe, because I was exercising without the ac) - Is that a good idea? I'm burning more fat right?

Your thoughts & opinions matter so comment awayy <333333333

Honestly, I've done D6 of L1 today and I took one day off on D3. My muscles were worked, almost like I didn't know these muscles exist. Now I don't feel that any more, I just feel the burn during the workout. Just keep doing what you are doing. I would suggest since I think I read that you are doing two different programs that you have atleast 1 rest day.

I got quick results.. I can't stop posting them lol cause its amazing to me! D1 is on the left, D3 is on the right. My husband said I looked leaner so I took pictures!
    3531a1g.jpg

Burned fat leaves the body when you pee, pass bowel movements and sweat. That's why its really important to hydrate and drink lots of water!!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

How were your results?

They were great, at least to me they were! lol I wrote about it in my blog. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mariposa224 But here are a couple pictures that show some changes I've seen.

7461823074_57be0e7e5c_z.jpg

7734768890_749e8c8112.jpg
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    You'll get through it. Just keep at it. You'll be glad you did. The soreness sucks, but it'll pass. Just wait until you get to Level 2. You'll feel like you are starting all over hahaha It's kicking my butt
  • heish7146
    heish7146 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started today! I came home from my walk/jog and was like I've been saying I was going to do this for the last week, get on it. I was swearing, moaning, groaning within the first 5 minutes. It literally kicked my butt. I'm sure getting out of bed is going to be rough tomorrow. Hell, going from sitting to standing is hard today. Still hoping to get my run in too!