My second day

Hi, My name is Mary. This is my second day with myfitnesspal. I am 32. I am about 40 to 50 lbs overweight. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and hypothyroid which makes it hard to lose weight.
In the spring, I was on a doctor recommended low carb diet. I quickly lost 20 lbs, but couldn't seem to get past that 20 lb mark. I struggled with the diet because it was expensive and also, I don't love meat. With no results for a long time, I gave up. I became a carb lover.
Now, I am at my pre low carb diet weight. I am still struggling to find a diet that works for me that I can afford with four kids and a husband to feed. I work 3rd shift in a bakery, so I don't get enough quality sleep. I usually eat alright during the day, but I struggle with staying away from the samples at work.
My husband used to say, "you're not overweight." Now he says that we are both struggling with our weight. I am very discouraged. I'm hoping to find some new motivation with the help of myfitnesspal.
I love fruits and vegetables. Before my low carb diet, I was eating salads everyday.
I am trying to find motivation and energy to start either p90x or Jillian Michaels wii fit game. But I struggle with lack of sleep and fatigue.
I am going back to school August 27th. I am a senior Psychology student. I am very excited about this. :happy: Soon I will only be working 3rd shift on weekends. The rest of the week, I will work 1st or 2nd.
Any similar experiences or words for encouragement? My current weight is leaving me very :brokenheart:

Replies

• kimmyt93
    kimmyt93 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, my name is Kim and I am 37 and I have suffered with hypothyroid for the last 12 years so I know what you are going through. I am also starting college in a few weeks to become a nurse. I would be happy to be part of your support system. You are welcome to add me as your friend.
  • I started out going for nursing, but switched to psychology :)