Heeelp Pleeease! I don't lose weight!

Options
I have a few questions about how this process should go. So I have been changing by diet and exercise ( 30 min / day ) a week by now and today I step on the scale....and nothing!!! I am really stressed out and I hava e huge muscle bound, I barley can walk I don't know if I should exercise or what should I do...i feel kind a lost. Maybe a week it's a short time to feel some wight loss, but before the "diet" I ate so bad and not exercise at all so ...I expected some result in no time...:(
If anyone can help me if you been through the same situation or you have a good advice...I would really appreciate it!

Thank you so much!

P.s. Sorry for my bad english

Replies

• ITS_MY_CHOICE
    ITS_MY_CHOICE Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You need to open up your diary and give your stats and goals to get proper help on these forums.
  • Simonino
    Simonino Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sorry, now I have shared my diary to the public!
  • ITS_MY_CHOICE
    ITS_MY_CHOICE Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Couple of things that stick out straight away:

- nectarines are not a dinner.

- you are either not eating enough or not tracking properly
  • Weightlossangel
    Options
    Don't try and over do it...As we exercise we gain extra weight in our muscles..(I can go into this in more detail if you like). The fact is, if you have been exercising so hard that you are sore, your muscles are "full" and will be heavy. do some light walking a couple of km twice a day to prevent your body from cramping up, and give it time to settle. after a few weeks your muscles will plateau and you will see the weight drop. Using you muscles that hard will also mean you might need to have a few healthy carbs to counteract the muscle work.
  • Simonino
    Options
    I really don't like lots of healthy stuff, so I try to eat what I can...I don't eat vegetables at all, don't like them...so..nectarines were everthing I could eat , I don't know I have to schedule my meal more properly.

Anyway thank you for your response.
  • christinacrisfield
    christinacrisfield Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You have to start eating healthy. This is still the hardest thing for me because I am on a really tight budget. Also measuring portion sizes. One thing that helped me when I first started losing weight was juicing. I am not the type that can eat salads everyday. They get boring and I feel like I am chewing for an hour. My nutritionist suggested juicing because I would be getting all those vitamins and minerals and feel full. You can mix it up by tossing in different fruits and vegetables. But be sure you get your protein too. A good size piece of meat would be the size of your palm, that's the equivalent of 3 ounces.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    more protein, more vegetables, less carbs.
    salads and stir fries are great.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating properly, nectarines for dinner, or just fruit for dinner isn't healthy.

If you don't like the foods, try to find other foods you do like, or TRY to like them, give them a chance. Veggies aren't that bad at all, and there are plenty of different ones to chose from.

Eating healthy is what you need to do to start loosing weight, if you aren't going to eat healthy, you won't lose weight.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Losing weight does not require you to starve yourself. You aren't eating nearly enough.

No one is saying that you have to eat only fruit or veggies. You can have other foods just don't have as much as you want - have smaller portions. Try eating 'normally' for a few days and then look at what you can cut back on - this is what I did. I still eat practically the same things as I always have but just eat less. I do tend to have salad for lunch but not always. I eat eggs, oatmeal, peanut butter, meat, potatoes etc..

Maybe if we know what you do like we can suggest things that will work ;)
  • packergirl2007
    Options
    You need to eat your calories... one day you only had 300 calories - that's not good.

Your given your calories allowance for a reason - eat the calories given, not the ones burned off - and make sure you track EVERYTHING. Measure out your portions.
  • staceface519
    Options
    If you dont eat enough of the right foods. . including vegetables you arent going to lose weight. . certain foods have nutrients and chemicals thatr help the body to be healthy AND help you to lose weight. . startving urself wont work. . it can make u gain weight. . . and if your working out a lot and eating right then u could potentially turn your fat into muscle so you wouldnt see the scale move. . typically you should lose a pound a week but everybodys body is different. . . .try eating more very green leaf veggies (try to like salad?). . . or something like that. . eat more chicken and eggs. . just dont go overboard
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    A body needs nutrients and vitamins in order to become healthy. A healthy balance of proteins and carbs. LOTS of water. If you don't like vegetables - be sure to be taking a vitamin supplement to make up for the nutrients you are missing out on - however without eating certain foods, the fiber will not be there to help your body flush the evils out of your system. (evils are what I call calories and fat) - exercising builds muscle which weighs more than fat so you may be toning muscle too -which is NOT a bad thing!!

ALWAYS keep in mind: You did not gain the weight and get out of shape in one weeks time! Therefore you are NOT going to LOSE it in a weeks time!!

In my case it took 20 years to gain over 80 lbs - if I work at it faithfully I will be excited to be able to lose HALF that in TWO years! It comes off WAY harder than it goes on and I have to remember that it takes TIME and EFFORT!

Good Luck to you! Once you've made the decision to get healthy the hardest step has been achieved! It takes 3 weeks to form a habit - exercising for one week and then frustrating yourself by expecting a big number on the scale may frustrate you into quitting - don't let it!!! The scale is just a number -
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    You need to eat more. Just because you don't like vegetables doesn't mean you have to limit your choices so drastically. If I knew what sort of deficit you are shooting for I would better be able to help. But unless you are on the shorter side, I think averaging around 1200 or under every day might not be good if you're workout so often. Perhaps your 'net' could equal that, but not your total caloric intake.

There are TONS of foods you can eat. I'm one of the pickiest people I have ever met and I have a descent spread of foods I like to eat that are also healthy and keep me within my daily allowances. (I don't eat that many vegetables a day either. Though I do like them, I just don't often have them.) I do however LOVE fruits, berries and milk, Skim of course. I also love meats which are great for protein and eggs. Especially after a workout, I often eat eggs for my lunch, to help my muscles heal. And helps to cut down on soreness.

3 large eggs
    two pieces of white bread toast with a little butter
    = 447 calories
    23 grams of protein

Since my daily goal is 1850, set to lose 1 lbs a week. I try to eat at least 300 to 400 cals each meal. Or at least make that up by having snacks throughout the day.

Oh and drink LOTS of water. at least 8, 8oz glasses a day. More if you exercise.
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Based on the contents of your diary, the number of "quick-added" and generic "homemade" meals, I would suspect you are not tracking properly.

I found that for me, generic estimates of gym equipment burns were way high. I got a Polar HRM and found that I was burning 50-75 calories less each workout.

When you cook, if your spaghetti bolognese is really homemade, you have to include things like the oil you cooked it in, the butter all sauces, every last ingredient. If it has any calories, it gets included in the total. I wouldn't trust those generic entries for entrees like that that you find in mfp. Lots of people not willing to tally up their meals throw those entries into mfp and they are almost always way on the low side. Find the real calories. If you're serious about tracking, keep the untrackable meals like that to a MINIMUM.

Quick added calories are dangerous too, for tracking. I mean, if you're basing it off of a package, fine, but lots of packaged food also means high sodium intake, which means high water weight. If you're not basing it off of a package and you're trying to eyeball something you ate that doesn't have a calorie count on it, stop that right now. We're all trying to lose weight on here and we got this way because we suck at estimating how much food is in what we eat. Don't rely on your eyeballs or your imagination. Rely on labels and reliable calorie counts for raw foods.

In addition, track everything always. All those 25 calorie bottles of low cal drinks add up. Apples even add up. Track 'em!
  • shyeban
    shyeban Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    Firstly, I can understand how hard it is at first - you just want to see that it's worth it and you fight hard against your instincts of eating, etc...

I find it easier to shuffle my thinking around - you need to eat FOR your body, you are giving your body the things that it needs. It needs vitamins, protein, water and exercise (and other things)... Eating is not bad. It's what we've turned eating into that is. So yes, eating less & exercising daily is good, but not in excess. You need to give your body time to adjust. Vary the exercise and the food.

As people have said, a nectarine is not a meal. (nor is it a meal if you just eat 3). If your body hurts, have a rest day. I don't exercise every day - I do go for walks with the kids, but that is just part of living, not specific to weight loss. If I do lots of exercise, I find I need to give my body a bit more - or I get shaky.

It's just about finding your balance. Give your body what it needs and you'll be able to ask more from it.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    It's already been said and I'll say it again-you need to eat more. Try adding more snacks in throughout the day-I try to have something right after a run in the morning, then I'll eat breakfast at work, another snack between then and lunch, then lunch, then another snack between lunch and dinner. Try checking out websites for ideas on how to get vegatables but maybe have them be mixed in with foods/dishes so you don't taste them as much.
  • racbergs
    racbergs Posts: 72
    Options
    Try eating what you normally eat, but portion it out. Than each week replace one of the unhealthier options with a healthier option, and incorporate a new fruit/veggie into your diet. I hated my veggies too but once I started eating healthier I actually started to prefer them to what I was eating before :). Try dipping them in hummus or lowfat yogurt (portioned out ;). And you should try to reach your calorie goals each day, or at least get close. Good luck!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    you need to be having a real dinner, not just fruit. and give it more time
  • Simonino
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your time and for motivating me to go forward, I really felt disspointed about the weight loss, but I know where I was wrong, I have to learn to be patient and eat 3 real meals a day + little snacks!

Thanks again so much, it means a lot to me and it gives me strenght!
  • rhondagraymond
    Options
    You need to realize that different people lose weight differently. Meanwhile, you need to be patient with yourself and give it your best shot. Treat your body with respect and you will be rewarded. I lost 24 pounds on Dukan diet’s weight loss coaching (http://www.dukandiet.com/Dukan-Coaching) in July last year. It’s 4 stage low carb, high protein diet which is very effective and nutritious. You should check it out. I lost the weight in 9 weeks, in case you were wondering and I’ve kept the weight off since.