Beginner runners with 50 pounds or more to lose.

Options
jvinmill
jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
Hi Everyone,
On Sunday I will be starting week 4 of C25K. I am a beginner runner with ~55 pounds to lose. Would like to have more friends to run with me on this journey :)

Replies

• jvinmill
    Options
    bump
  • Anappy
    Anappy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi there.. More than 50 to lose here and I started an aerobic walking cd. I am now trying a walking/jogging cd. I don't know if I could ever jog on a regular basis but willing to work up to it.

Good Luck on your journey and feel free to add me :)
  • Anappy
    Anappy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    PS... what does "bump" mean? LOL
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Hi Annapy,
    Walking jogging programs are how I got into running too. They really do work! I sent you a message in my friend request to let you know how bump works :)
  • brookident
    brookident Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! Friend me up! And I've got about 70 pounds to lose. I'm not entirely new to running though. About 5 years ago I moved to a city where I didn't have a car. I was walking everywhere. I was getting fitter everyday and eventually tried jogging/walking along the river in the city park. Eventually I ended up signing up for and completing a half-marathon!! Since then though, I live out in the country where I really need a car to get anywhere and the pounds started piling back on. I'd love to get back into running again but need to start from the very beginning....
  • Hab1978
    Hab1978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    HI! I actually just finished the C25K program a little over a week ago....and am completely amazed that now I can actually run! ;) When I started, I swear anything more than 30 seconds and I felt as though I would DIE!! (Seriously) Anyway, I have lost almost 40 lbs and have at least 40 more to go. I'd love to join ya! :)
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Added all of you! Thanks for your reply!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Also started a C25K program with my daughters - we sort of stopped (I went trekking and cycling) and will go back to it. Objective is a marathon in a year.... Feel free to add me.
  • snowbunnylove94
    Options
    Friend me lol I have 60 pounds to loose:embarassed: and I need more supportive friends
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day and feel free to add me if you wish. :smile:
  • TraMga
    TraMga Posts: 4
    Options
    im new here.. I have no idea what bump means or what C25K is but i have about 50 lbs to loose and would love to join (:
  • Amfro
    Amfro Posts: 12
    Options
    Just heard about this site and signed up yesterday, could use some friends. Running is a little ways off, till walking is less painful, but I have 60+ to take off and gotta start somewhere. What is C25k?
  • Amfro
    Amfro Posts: 12
    Options
    Bump?
  • cartwoman
    Options
    Same here though I finished C25K, but I'm still working on speed. It might seem hard in the beginning, but it's a really good programme to get you into running! Several weeks ago I couldn't even think I would be able to run for 30 minutes!
  • gh91
    gh91 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey!! I just started too! I definitely gotta do away with 55lbs or so. I'd love to have some new friends. Add me!!
  • CallMePat
    CallMePat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting my C25k program today. Hopefully up and able to run a in 9 weeks! I still have about 40 pounds to go.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I am not following the C25k program, but I am runner!
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Same boat... I have my first 5k in October! Add me if you would like :)
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Just heard about this site and signed up yesterday, could use some friends. Running is a little ways off, till walking is less painful, but I have 60+ to take off and gotta start somewhere. What is C25k?

C25K = couch to 5k. I've never tried but have a friend that did and it worked for her. It literally gets you off the couch and running a 5k over a course of time.
  • charley9x
    Options
    I just started this and did W1 day2 this morning. I have well over 50+ lbs to lose. I am impressed with myself for running whenever I was meant to, may have been slow and only 60 seconds at a time, but I did it.