Weight Loss Mommas

Options
2»

Replies

• TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom of two precious girls 14 and 9! Feel free to add me!
  • 1jlazymom
    1jlazymom Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of three 24 yr old son, 14 yr old daughter and 9 yr old son. My weight has always fluctuated. I am really set on getting healthier as well as thinner. I want to be around for my kids for a looooooooooooong time. Oh and the thing I wan the most is not to look like my grandma....lol you know the round with stick legs. I want my granddaughter to hug me but not think I feel squishy....lol. Looking for a very positive support network here. Good luck to all the moms who are making the choice to be healthy.
  • danessa1
    danessa1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm a 33 yr old mother of 2 girls, 3 and 1 1/2. I work full time. I've kept 15 lbs since the birth of my youngest daughter. I'm trying to get rid of those pounds. I workout during my lunch hour and try to be generally active.

Feel free to add me too
  • Kerry26Hickman
    Kerry26Hickman Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I'm 26 & a Mommy of 2 gorgeous boys 1 & 4 yrs old.
    I am 4ft 11 & have always struggled to be an 'acceptable' weight since forever. I lost some weight for my wedding in 2007 but after an all inclusive honeymoon & getting pregnant with our 1st, the weight went on. I lost it all after my 1st due to post natal depression & medication. After I got well, I gained 14lbs, then we planned our 2nd. Put 35lbs on during that pregnancy & 13 months on, I've lost 41lbs & still going. Some I did on my own but 22lbs I've done with MFP.
    Good luck :) x
  • TinaRodina
    TinaRodina Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Momma to a 7 yr old boy here! I'd love to have some more supportive friends!! Feel free to add me :)
  • shirin8
    shirin8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm a mom of 3: 3, 2 and 10 months. I work full time plus travel and try to exercise 5-6 days a week. Since having my daughter 10 months ago, I've lost 53 lbs and have 12 more to go. Feel free to add me...I love to provide encouragement :)
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Mom to 5 fabulous kids! Oldest will be 14 in a month and the youngest is 2 and a half. Used them as my excuse for years. Finally had enough and have improved my diet and found an exercise program that works for me! Please feel free to add me! I am always happy to encourage and support my other mom friends!
    Tara
  • CampMom10
    CampMom10 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am a mom to a lovely 2 year old daughter. My weight keeps hovering in the 140s, and I'd like to get it back down to 130, while building lean muscle. I just started running and plan to use my schools fitness center a few times a week for weights. Plus a boot camp class. Congrats to everyone for making the decision to start this journey and for sticking with it!
  • gmdimples33
    Options
    Hey All,

My name is Gina, I am 44, and have 5 kids (21, 17, 11, 10, 8). I started out life underweight but realize being able to eat whatever and not gain weight is long, long gone. I work full time, commute, and otherwise have found it is easier for me to sit around and think about being active than do something active (even with all these kids!). I don't FEEL super overweight, I can still act athletic when the need arises, but then I see pictures of me or the scale and get shocked everytime that I weight what I do! So, I want to change so that I CAN be more active, healthier, and more physically involved in my kids' lives. And I don't want to end up like my mother, who I never viewed as athletic or physical, and yet it appears that I am becoming her. So here we are, just now beginning this journey.

I too struggle with some of what has been shared here - most of my day is sitting (work/commute) I want quality time with my kids (dinner is a big part of that) and there is not unless hours in the day. Do I spend MORE time away from my kids to work out? Am I just making excuses to avoid working out? I try to do bike riding and walking with the kids, but more often than not it doesn't work as they get bored or what not. But I guess I will focus more on explaining my goals and go from there? These are some of the things going through my mind.

I am also tracking what I eat which has helped A LOT. I appreciate this site and look forward to interacting with y'all!