Guy's Success Stories

Options
I'm a guy that's been using My Fitness Pal for 3 weeks and I've noticed a lot of ladies with success stories. Are there any guys with some success stories. I'm down about 8 lbs with 42 more to go, just looking for a little additional motivation. Thanks.

Replies

• jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Right here...started above 300 pounds, now I'm 190. Feel free to check out my profile if you're into reading more.

IMG_1380_2.jpg

DSC00365copy.jpg
  • EvilMomma
    EvilMomma Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Nice...
  • MtTovey
    MtTovey Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My husband feels the same way!!! More success stories from the men!
  • pxalpha97
    pxalpha97 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    300 to 190, that's awesome. Now this is the kind of inspiration I needed. Thanks for sharing.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I know, there are always girl success stories, it's nice to see guy's success stories!

LOVE your halloween costume! Great weight loss, you look awesome!
  • BatmanNinjaDude
    BatmanNinjaDude Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Howdy other dudes...

I started at 230 (which was 8 down from the heaviest)...

I am at 227 having just come out of a funk period where I didn't really log things consistently. I needed to see this story about 300 - 190...a net loss of 110 (which is 3.5x more than I am trying to lose...).

Great motivation for me...thank you. Feel free to friend and send encouragement...

I am a convert from another well known app...which didn't provide all the functionality that MFP does.

Good job, Jamzy!

-Steve King
    http://about.me/booksatthebeach
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Back in 2006 I was 252lb (18stone) and now I am 185lb (13st3lb) I have been lighter and been heavier thats why I am here
  • emilym_3
    emilym_3 Posts: 62
    Options
    Right here...started above 300 pounds, now I'm 190. Feel free to check out my profile if you're into reading more.

IMG_1380_2.jpg

DSC00365copy.jpg

Great job!!
  • jimmacdonald
    jimmacdonald Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I got to ride 16 miles at 15.5 miles an hour average.

2 years ago at 265 walking hurt, 48 inch waist.

Now at 205 lots of energy and 34 inch waist.

Everyday is a new day, and the new start to the rest of your life, choose to live it on your terms.

Cheers
    Jim
  • vinster345
    vinster345 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm getting there (a long way to go though)

22lbs down and into 38 waist jeans for the first time since just after University, 10years ago. Good luck fella. Salad lunches and getting into a daily gym visit (with a day or two at most off a week) have been the reasons I've stuck with it so far. Got best mate's wedding coming up and have a goal of a really nice suit for the wedding.
  • llgeisz
    llgeisz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey I started at 242 (I am 5'7" so thats a load for me) I am right not 189... I have found it takes 3 things to succeed on this program (at least for me) KDF... Knowledge Discipline Fitness... It is not that hard to do it just takes some time.
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Every time one of these threads comes up I mean to reply, but I've been planning to post my own success thread so I put it off until I get a good "current" photo, which I never seem to do.

Well... here's my success story.

At age 41, I was 347 pounds, had lousy eating habits and almost no physical exercise.

In April 2010 I decided to try out adult classes at the taekwondo school my daughters were going to... and found out pretty quickly that I actually liked it. Those first couple of months were REALLY tiring and I was sore an awful lot, but the instructors at the school were very supportive... helping me modify the exercises and drills to fit my fitness level.

I lost about 20 pounds in the first three months and then plateaued... but I kept going and slowly got more fit.

I started to change eating habits in January 2011, and ended up losing about another 15-20 pounds by my 1-year mark in April 2011. For the rest of 2011, I sort of stayed at the same level...still going to TKD class three or so times a week... continuing to improve fitness, but not really losing any more weight.

At the end of 2011, I decided it was time to address the eating side more directly. In january, I started using MFP and weighing, measuring and logging my food.

Also, at the end of January, I started running - first with a Couch 2 5K program, and after that Bridge 2 10K and continued running to extend distance.

The combination of MFP and REALLY keeping track of what I eat for the first time in my life with increased exercise kicked the weight loss into overdrive.

I started losing weight at a rate of about 2.5 pounds per week through the first half of the year... by the time of my Black Belt test in June, I was at 255 - 92 pounds down from my high point when I started taekwondo.

In the middle of July, I passed 100 pounds lost - being under 250 pounds for the first time since the junior year of college.

Today I'm at about 243. The weight loss has slowed down, as my focus has been on increasing distance in my running.

I had my first 100 mile running month in July, ran my first 10 mile race last weekend and have my first half-marathon on September 8th.

My goal at the moment is to reach 220 pounds, where I will no longer be technically obese for the first time since I was 18 years old, but that's really just a number. I'm already healthier and more fit than I've ever been.

Weight loss is possible, but unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) it really does come down to fairly simple calories in/calories out for most people.

Eat less and move more and you will lose weight... MFP helps you track both sides of the equation and the community here will help with motivation.

Ted
  • hydelaa
    hydelaa Posts: 184
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • FollowthePorcupine
    Options
    I would love to see more Guy success stories as well!
  • monkeyriley
    monkeyriley Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and I started here at about 226. My highest weight was 236, which I had all kinds of moobs and love handles.. I really didn't like being out of shape or tired all the time; how I felt on the inside didn't match how I looked on the outside.

Since joining MFP, I have reached my goal weight of 175 lbs. My clothes went from 38" waist with XL shirts to 32" waist with M shirts.

Finally, MFP has allowed me to "run down" my goals, literally. Once I got to 200 lbs., I started training to do a 5k, which led to more runs, which inspired me to go after a marathon. In two weeks, I will be running my first half marathon and hopefully, come Oct. 7th, I will be cross the finish line of the Lakefront Marathon in Milwaukee. This is also a date that puts me a little shy of my year marker of making a lifestyle change.

I have no regrets about MFP, I think it has been an amazing journey. For the first time, ever, I'm really happy with my shell.

<-- Pics of before and after are in the profile.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I was 263 when I started using MFP. I'm down to 176 and look better than I ever have in my entire life. All thanks to this site and my friends here.

Never give up. You can do this too.
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Here is another. I started off at about 310 now I am about 240. Good Luck. Feel free to add me. I will help keep you motivated. We can lean on one another.

#BeEncouraged

Jonathan

WOW.jpg
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    My husband who is 6'0" topped out around 280, size 42 pants and 18.5" neck. It took him almost 2 years to lose nearly 100lbs. He's been at maintenance for over a year. He hit his goal weight of 185 then went from cardio to lifting heavy. He didnt like seeing 20% BF. Currently he is 195 and a BF of 16%, size 32-34 pant and 16.5" neck. He consumes 2500-2800 calories a day and follows 40/30/30 macro plan.

326688_2008746225907_1256726581_o.jpg
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/673512-i-did-it-i-ve-lost-100-lbs?hl=freew67

Easier to just post the link. Ive lost 108.2 lbs in 365 days. Started 340, currently 231.8, 6'3, 34 yrs old

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!