Any low carbers here?!

Options
Hi all,

I keep reading everywhere that having pure protein for breakfast is ten times better for you than having carbs as it fills you up for longer and burns fat throughout the day more....

I'm also thinking that when i load up on protein and eat low low carb...although it is hard to start with...i gradually get less cravings and lose weight quicker.

Does anyone else eat this way?!

thank u! xxx

Replies

• Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    Bump anyone?
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I do a protein shake after workouts and it does satisfy me. Keeps me full for about 2 hours.
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I just eat a protein shake in the morning. I eat Paleo/Primal, not specifially low carb, but it tends to be pretty low carb without eating any grains. I feel great and the weight is coming off.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Yup
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I eat low carb, but my protein shake in the morning really only controls my cravings for so long. I control cravings with healthy fats, and the weight has been falling off. Yesterday was a perfect day for me, 2300 calories, 88g carb, 105g fat, 275g protein
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yep. Check out the Primal/Paleo Support Group. :)
  • fluffy925
    fluffy925 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have just decided to start a low carb diet, after looking at the atkins diet, and other low carb diets exstensivly, and have decided there looks like there is something to this ! so will keep you posted, maybe this is the one!
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm a low carber. Actually I cycle, low, medium and high days.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Low-Carb (keto) here! I don't really get hungry after my morning coffee until late afternoon. Big change from stuffing my face every waking moment.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I start my day with 1 whole egg and 1 egg white. This fuels my body well into the day and curbs my hunger. The gallon of water I drink helps also. =0)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    What is considered "low" in low carb?

I don't consider myself a low carber (more of a high protein), but in order to increase protein I had to reduce carbs, so...

As for the carving thing, yes... I notice the same thing, and have read numerous accounts of other people doing the same.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I went low carb a few months ago...lost weight easier that way...it worked better for me along with excercise since i found i was pushing myself but still eating 'normal' carbs. It was really hard for me since i LOVE bread and rice....but right now i just cut out white and low fiber bread and all rice.....i try to find other grains like Millet flour...or now if i do eat wheat products then i make sure it has a ton of fiber in it.

i dont think you need to go all out Paleo for this...just reducing your processed carbs and increasing veggies/protein will do wonders!
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    Thanks all! Think i'll give it another go and decrease my carbs again. I literally have carbs and just want more and more...it's silly!!! bring on low carbness :) xxx
  • themotto
    themotto Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yep, and breakfast is a good meal to start. For me, typically i'll have a Protein shake when I wake up, and then a serving of mixed nuts as a mid-morning snack. It seems to be about the perfect balance for me. Just try to get most of your carbs from fruit/veggies/nuts/etc and not grains.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Think i'll give it another go and decrease my carbs again. I literally have carbs and just want more and more...it's silly!!! bring on low carbness :) xxx

I'm the same way. If I have sugar, I just want more and more of it.

I try to keep carbs around 20%. For me that's around 100-125 grams per day. This'll probably sound silly, but I add heavy whipping cream to my protein shake in the morning to bump it up to 400 cals & that usually lasts me a good while. I only do the protein shake cuz I'm lazy though.

I try to eat as much of my carbs as possible in the evenings so that that "more and more" thing happens while I'm asleep.

Edit: Also, I'm not doing high protein. I try to eat 100-150 grams per day. I aim for 50-60% of my calories to come from fat. For what it's worth, my blood test numbers have all improved
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    50g carbs a day for me right now, has been for months now.

Energy good, feeling great, no cravings :)

Breakfast? It tends to be late (not hungry) but spicy scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheese if I have time, otherwise a hunk of cheese and some raw nuts will carry me through to lunch.
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you would count this as low carb, but I don't eat anything with wheat in it. You would be shocked at the amount of stuff with wheat in it. I eat only 1/3 cup of things like rice. beans or corn. I eat small or medium sweet potatoes, but all my other carbs come from veggies and fruit. Not a lot of fruit, more veggies. Salad, cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, squash, etc. Meat, eggs, chicken, fish, and very little pork.
  • Lynne120
    Lynne120 Posts: 74
    Options
    I usually have scrambled eggs and coffee with heavy cream about 6 AM. After working out and a crazy busy morning, I have to remind myself to eat at noon. When I would eat a high carb breakfast (healthy but high in carbs) I was constantly hungry or snacking. If you try it, give it a week or two. The first week can be tough because our eating patterns are habits and your body needs time to adjust. By the second week I was convinced I would not be going back.
  • MarissaCB39
    MarissaCB39 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm a low carber, staying between 20-25 net carbs a day. When I eat tuna, chicken or eggs for breakfast I tend to feel more full and satisfied. Low carb is the way to go!