Moobs (pics) (You know you want to click this.)

Options

Replies

• mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I walk for usually 2 miles 5 times a week. I used to do more but work is intense during the summer. On Saturdays at work, I walk roughly 5-6 miles average. I have pretty much dedicated myself to this so I guess the next step is to get a gym membership. Maybe I can't do it all from home like I thought.

It has gotten me pretty far though. :)

There's someone on MFP, I think his name is chrisanderson, have a look for him. I've read a few posts from him before and he lost weight with body weight exercises rather than going to the gym, he had really good results.
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Gynecomastia is where you are perfectly toned or muscled or low body fat and have moobs or tiny fatty balls under the nipples - steroids can cause it too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Asymmetric_Gynecomastia.jpg

It's not just an overall excess amount of body fat.

My chest still isn't great but I dont for one minute think its a medical excuse - I just still need to tone up (lose fat)

Thing is mate you really do have to get your body fat relatively quite low to sort it.
  • shyeban
    shyeban Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The most basic exercise you can do to help this area is pushups - the ultimate bodyweight "lifting"....
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    i would say maybe if u build muscle up in your chest and shoulders, that would help??
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    to be honest I cant see them

I'm with GemaG... I can see your tummy fat more than your moobs in your picture and if you have lost 75 lbs since March this year then it's only to be expected.

Speaking from experience, when you lose weight quickly you are going to be left with fatty deposits and in men this is often in the chest and belly. I've lost 60 lbs and look ok in a shirt, but still have lots of fat to lose around my belly, upper back and moobs.

You're probably still got about 30% body fat and until that's down to nearer 20% I don't think you're going to see any real difference, unfortunately.

I think the advice to work on your strength training is probably what you need. You don't need to join a gym - there are lots of exercises you can do at home - but often for a novice, it's the best place to get the right advice and support.

I know for myself that I need to incorporate strength training into my exercise routine, but I'm a wimp and end up swimming or cycling instead. (I need a gym buddy to whip my *kitten* and make me go lift weights, or failing that a PT... but that's not in my budget at the moment :ohwell:)

If it's a purely aesthetic issue, I would get a compression vest. I have one which I wear when I want to wear my slim-fit shirts and not have any bulges. It's not something I wear every day, but maybe on an evening out, or when I have to visit a client, I find it gives me a confidence boost.

Good luck and don't give up!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    If you lost almost 75 lbs in 4 months, that's almost 19 lbs/mo. That is a lot of weight very fast. Your skin hasn't had a chance to rebound. Start weight/resistance training and continue with your cardio (walking) and diet. It may take a year for them to noticeably reduce.
  • m60kaf
    Options
    i would say maybe if u build muscle up in your chest and shoulders, that would help??

While building muscle is the way to go generally . specifically for this more muscle makes moobs look bigger

I have the problem - im my pics - plenty of muscle - but with the bit of fat- not a good luck

The fat has to go
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I suffered with moobs for a long time before hitting the resistance training (push ups mostly), a world of difference progress-wise.

You do have to lean out generally as well though.
  • kobashi
    kobashi Posts: 164
    Options
    Yeah. I am not trying to make excuses. I am just dropping pounds and I want to make sure that I am also maximizing my limited work out time. I am going to start walking more and really focus on doing more pushups. Pushups are still my ultimate crushing blow. I can do 3-4, that is up from 1-2 two months ago and fall on the floor like a fatass 5 months ago. So I am doing better. Also, I am going to get a gym membership so that I can use the resistance weights and try some lifting. I haven't done actual lifting since high school. I normally just use the dumbbells.

The last thing I will ever make is an excuse or blame a disease. I do not have any diseases and I am very healthy. I do need to get my fat % checked. I have pretty lean and toned legs(more than some of my more athletic friends.) but have quite a bit of belly fat and chest fat to go.

This will happen and I will never get any type of pill, cream, or surgery.

No reason to argue guys. It's all advice and i'll take it research it and if its correct i'll use it. I am a realist about myself maybe a bit more on the negative side of realism but it motivates me.

After I read some of these replies I decided to make my normal 2 mile walk into a 3.5 mile walk. I love the motivation. A jab in the face gets your attention a lot faster than a poke in arm.
  • dovek11
    dovek11 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You may want to have your hormones checked. Its not just women who have unbalanced hormones. Men can have unbalanced hormones too. Too much estrogen, and not enough testosterone in a man's body will give him moobs.
    The more weight a man carries in his belly, the greater likelihood that he has high estrogen levels.
    Losing weight often helps balance hormones for men and women. But not always.
    Out of balance hormones causes lots of issues in the body, worse ones than moobs.
    Have your hormones checked! It could be as simple as a supplement that will make your moobs go away.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    My bodacious B cups disappeared after about 6 weeks of heavy lifting
  • kobashi
    Options
    to be honest I cant see them

I'm with GemaG... I can see your tummy fat more than your moobs in your picture and if you have lost 75 lbs since March this year then it's only to be expected.

Speaking from experience, when you lose weight quickly you are going to be left with fatty deposits and in men this is often in the chest and belly. I've lost 60 lbs and look ok in a shirt, but still have lots of fat to lose around my belly, upper back and moobs.

You're probably still got about 30% body fat and until that's down to nearer 20% I don't think you're going to see any real difference, unfortunately.

I think the advice to work on your strength training is probably what you need. You don't need to join a gym - there are lots of exercises you can do at home - but often for a novice, it's the best place to get the right advice and support.

I know for myself that I need to incorporate strength training into my exercise routine, but I'm a wimp and end up swimming or cycling instead. (I need a gym buddy to whip my *kitten* and make me go lift weights, or failing that a PT... but that's not in my budget at the moment :ohwell:)

If it's a purely aesthetic issue, I would get a compression vest. I have one which I wear when I want to wear my slim-fit shirts and not have any bulges. It's not something I wear every day, but maybe on an evening out, or when I have to visit a client, I find it gives me a confidence boost.

Good luck and don't give up!

Yes. I do the Under Armour compression undershirts when I want to really hide it. I am just looking to be able to take my shirt off without any embarrassment. Right now, it isn't lose skin. It's like super pudgy fat. It used to be rock hard fat so I suppose pudge is much better. I do need to get my body fat checked badly. That should be my true motivator right now instead of pounds lost.

I don't really want to gain a ton of upper body muscle just tone down. I have broad shoulders and am prone to easily gain arm muscle and shoulder muscles. I am really focused on what the future may bring for me. I feel like I am in the molding part of my fitness routine. I have roughly 25 lbs to go to my goal weight that me and my Doctor set, so I want to continue working towards it.

I am patient though. I do not expect anything overnight.

Here is me 6 months ago.(cringe)
    XDxOn.jpg
  • kobashi
    Options
    You may want to have your hormones checked. Its not just women who have unbalanced hormones. Men can have unbalanced hormones too. Too much estrogen, and not enough testosterone in a man's body will give him moobs.
    The more weight a man carries in his belly, the greater likelihood that he has high estrogen levels.
    Losing weight often helps balance hormones for men and women. But not always.
    Out of balance hormones causes lots of issues in the body, worse ones than moobs.
    Have your hormones checked! It could be as simple as a supplement that will make your moobs go away.

Hey I have actually thought that before. I think this may also be a solution. I plan to call my Dr this morning and ask him about it.
  • kobashi
    Options
    http://www.johnleemd.com/store/resource_hormonetest.html#men

Took this test and checked almost all boxes for men. I think this may seriously be a true issue.
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    I believe WE need to just lose weight and work out. Your body will go back to normal it just takes time. Your skin is alive with the rest of your body and will heal itself over time. It just takes a long time and a lot of determination.

Don't lose focus.

I have some *****in man tits as well and am busting my *kitten* every single day trying to be the man my wife deserves not the fat guy that is ugly at the beach.
  • m60kaf
    Options

Took this test and checked almost all boxes for men. I think this may seriously be a true issue.

Dont forget you are likely to have these issues because you are overweight not ill

Loose weight and gain muscle fixes these symptoms
  • kobashi
    Options

Dont forget you are likely to have these issues because you are overweight not ill

Loose weight and gain muscle fixes these symptoms
    Wouldn't a hormone test be worth just checking? I wasn't overweight as a teenager and still had the same issues.
  • m60kaf
    Options
    Muscle 'makes' testosterone.

Fat 'make's estrogen

Confirming just proves the requirement to loose fat and gain muscle
  • thekid2169
    thekid2169 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Get a good heart rate monitor that will read which zone you need to keep your heart rate in to burn the most calories. You maybe exercising regularly, but not getting the best out of your workouts.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

Looks like a load of quackery to me... I'd trust a GP rather than some online SAT test.

Kobashi, honestly, you don't look like you have anything more than fatty moobs, like most BIG men have.

I went from rotund to chunky in 6 months and I still have a fair bit to lose... I'm still about 31% body fat but I've suffered with moobs all my adult life... even when I was officially normal weight

24Augvs23Mar50lbsdatesFB.jpg