Protein Shake Horror!

Options

Replies

• territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    So happy you posted this. I'm getting a bunch of ideas here. THANK YOU!!!!!! And the suggestions.....I didn't think about adding a little coffee or cocoa powder. Yep...gonna try it.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Blend it up with peanut butter and greek/vanilla yoghurt. Or put it in oatmeal with a banana. x
  • JoeyliciousB
    JoeyliciousB Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That's a shame. Hope you get rid of it soon. My fave protein is PHD Diet Whey vanilla. It is soooo good!

Agreed - The vanilla is delish!!
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I just made the same mistake with a vanilla flavor one, I tried everything with it, and wasted a whole heap of time and food cause nothing made with it was edible or drinkable, I finally gave up and chucked it this morning...I'm a snob and like my WNT protein, this stuff was a cheap and nasty mistake, a mistake that I wont make again.
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    That's a shame. Hope you get rid of it soon. My fave protein is PHD Diet Whey vanilla. It is soooo good!

I agree!!!!! It is DELICIOUS
  • lissaann22479
    Options
    I don't like the taste either so I mix mine with any kind of fruit, and 8oz. of milk which helps get rid of the nasty flavor.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    This is what I do and everyone loves them. Even the kids! I buy a bunch of bananas and cut them up and freeze them. I keep a supply at all times. I mix a a frozen banana, 2tbsp peanut butter, 1 scoop Body Fortress Chocolate and a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk till its all mixed and it comes out about the consistency of a frosty from Wendys. Sometimes you gotta add a bit more almond milk to it cuz it will get just a bit thick. But they are yummy!
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Drop it off at a local gym. You don't need that stuff at all. Enjoy more eggs or egg whites, or chicken.
  • tfunkwurzer
    tfunkwurzer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Blitz up with ice milk and cooled brewed coffee.. instant mochacino! :D

I keep a container of cooled coffee in my fridge for my shakes. 1 scoop choc protein powder, a splash of sugar free vanilla, a splash of sugar free caramel syrup (or hazelnut or whatever I bought last) I can mix it just over ice and it's great. That's my morning iced mocha (and usually breakfast).
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I put 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (u can use sweetened if u want), 1tbsp of peanut butter, strawberries and sum ice. It tastes divine! A lot like peanut butter.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The only way to do protein powders, IMHO, is plain yogurt with your favorite frozen fruit. Let your chocolate be chocolate, not chocolate-disguised-as-protein.
  • cazzy147
    cazzy147 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hey guys thank you for all of the ideas. i hope some of them work, definately give them a try =D
    The only reason im wanting to try the shakes is because im a horribly picky eater and i just never have enough protein in my diet.
    If i wasn't i would stick to the foods, but this is why i want the shake to taste good.
    So keep the ideas coming, thank you xx
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath and pound it down! hahah. That is what I do when I drink protein powder that isn't so great.
  • Vx3_
    Vx3_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    use the blender, add milk, banana (or banana yogurt) and P&B (or almond butter) and viola! I do this every time I do stregnth training.
  • MarlaChandlerBarton
    MarlaChandlerBarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    YUK. Add some bananas, some non fat yogurt some strawberries or even some fat free sugar free pudding mix!

Actually .... no sweetner added to this (especially not sugar free! Yuck, and terrible for the body in general). Yes, I'd say blueberries and strawberries and a banana.... this sweetens it perfectly. :heart:
  • MorbidNTT
    MorbidNTT Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Try Optimum or EAS, they are very good tasting Protein Shakes. Just not Orange Dream by Optimum, it's not good. I knwo Optimum has a Variety Pack you can buy. Not sure about EAS.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    mix it in plain greek yogurt with fresh berries, add it to your coffee as creamer, bake with it...make a smoothie with it. I hardly ever drink my protein straight...mix ins are what make it yummy. My fav? Add it to a serving of fresh spinach, 2 TBS of PB or serving PB2, mix in blender with ice....spinach chocolate protein shakes are yummy!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    sometimes the crappiest protein powder makes the best baking mixes! Try using it as pancake/waffle batter, in cookies, bars, etc.
    I have a bag of Sun Warrior plain and it is nasty... but it makes AMAZING waffles!
  • ziggykleo
    ziggykleo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Take it back without question
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    You probably just mixed with water like it says to on the box. Gross!

I make mine into smoothies. I'd blend chocolate protein powder with ice, milk, peanut butter, and banana. I usually get vanilla though as it is more versatile - I can use it with a bunch of different fruits, or I can add cocoa powder to make it like dessert!

Just play around with it, there are a lot of tasty things you can try :)