You know what sucks?

Options
ckay220
ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
Having everyone tell you that foods such as fish and nuts are really healthy for you...but you're allergic to both.lol. Never an excuse for eating bad, but does anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I was going to guess vacuum cleaners.

But I have Crohn's, so most fruits and veggies are out for me, as well as all nuts, berries and whole grain so I understand completely!
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    What would suck even more is actually loving those foods and not being able to eat them! :grumble:

I don't have any food allergies so I don't feel your pain but I do sympathize. :flowerforyou:
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Fish and nuts are very healthy for you actually. You should try them
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Disappointed.....
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Allergic to nuts and hate fish it tastes like fish BLAH>LOL
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    My daughter made me puke every time I ate fish when I was pregnant for her, I love fish and she is now a vegetarian. I missed fish for just that short period of time so I know how you feel.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Disappointed.....

^ This. This thread was not at all what I expected.
  • lrkidd
    lrkidd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Having Insulin Resistance and not being able to eat like a normal person who is trying to lose weight. No fruit, no grains, no fun :sad:

I was eating healthy and having a hard time losing weight even after dropping calories intake to under 1,500 and exercising 6 days a week for an hour a day so I went to the doc and found out that what I was eating was causing me more harm than good. SO SUCKS!!
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Disappointed.....

I knew you would be Cliff :tongue:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    the dmv
    how marvel butchered the x-men movies
    the fact that weeks after one of my cars died, the other one starts having transmission problems
    nbc's olympic coverage
    the sunday ticket ads with Deion Sanders and Eli Manning as faries
    trying to carry a bowl of soup when you feel a sneeze coming on
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'm not allergic to anything, but I would cry every day if I couldn't eta peanut butter or shell fish. Literally cry. I LOVE PB AND SEAFOOD. I have a friend that is allergic to wheat and corn....she can't have breads or beer. THAT WOULD SUCK!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I'd do if I woke up one day and was allergic to fish and nuts *shudders*. The scary thing is that a peanut allergy can hit you at any time. I'd die without my peanut butter!! Actually, I'd die WITH it if I were allergic. . . .
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    I just don't like fish or nuts, so I really don't eat them... maybe some peanut butter once in a while, but that's the extent of it. And my husband makes me try a bite of his fish when he has it, he's trying to get me to like seafood
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You are responsible for your own dietary needs. If one were to offer nutrition advice based on every possible allergy, then they would only be able to recommend water. Obviously, if the advice doesn't work for you, then you don't have to take it. Move on to the next thing.

That being said the unsaturated fats in nuts and fish are extremely important. I really don't know of other sources for those. Wish I could help.
  • bluered3038
    bluered3038 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have crohns and most everything that is good for you is out!! So can feel your pain.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I am allergic to blue cheese which sucks but at least I know why I always seemed to have a asthma attack after going out to eat.
    If I was allergic to fish and nuts I would be seriously bummed out, but it is better to know.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I knew someone once who was allergic to caffeine
    = no coffee and no chocolate

:(
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I just don't like the taste of either! Which sucks!!!!!!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Disappointed.....

^ This. This thread was not at all what I expected.

hi boys.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    My question is why is so many people now allergic to peanuts? When I grew up I never knew ANYONE that was allergic and back then a PBJ sandwich was a staple in our neighborhood. Just wondering....