trying to lose the weight and anxiety !

Options
Hello everyone !

i am a newbie trying to lose weight and in the process hopefully some anxiety issues i am dealing with !

i have been on point with my weight pretty much my whole life. then after marriage i started on birth control, which is when my weight gain began. it got worse after i switched to a bc pill where you take it all month long for 3 months. (extended bc they call it)

that is where also came sudden on-set anxiety, depression, and other anxiety based issues. ditched the pill per my doctor and through a slow process trying to regain my health. (this also caused a major hormonal imbalance)

so now i want to get rid of the weight and anxiety issues for good !

Replies

• uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    Good luck with your weight loss and helping your anxiety! I also suffer from anxiety and I've found the healthy eating and exercise that goes along with weight loss has really helped.
  • HeatherTransformed
    HeatherTransformed Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to lose weight and have anxiety. I hate being overweight, but didn't realize how much I hated it until I started to lose weight. I think losing weight is helping me with my anxiety. It seems to take a little pressure off my feelings. Hopefully this will continue and I can become med free.

Good luck! You can do this. :happy:
  • isingthebodyelectric
    Options
    Losing weight when you have mental illness/anxiety issues is hard! I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder five years ago and my weight has skyrocketed as a result of my mood swings and the medications I was on. It's not impossible though, but like you said, it can be a slow process so don't get discouraged! Best wishes to you and your health. :)
  • stephmclark
    Options
    Thanks everyone ! Ya the bc pill issue has totally thrown me for a loop ! I never would have never imagined it could produce such serious side effects, unitl i went through it (still going through it) !

Here's to day 1 ..........
  • gumper50
    Options
    Hi!!! I am having some issues with wanting to lose weight too and anxiety. I am going through menopause and I have terrible mood swings. I am new to this and I am hoping to find some friends that feel like I do that I can talk to and help motivate me to lose the weight.
  • amandajam2012
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • hijude57
    hijude57 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm also an anxiety sufferer. Add me and we can encourage eachother!
  • shara99
    shara99 Posts: 34
    Options
    I, too, am an anxiety sufferer. Unfortunately I use alcohol at night to deal with my anxiety. I am fine during the day but become extremely restless at night. I take a pretty good dose of an anti-anxiety med also. I can't sleep without alcohol. It's almost as if the down time in the evening freaks me out. Then the alcohol also makes me want junk food. The alcohol is, I believe, what has really made me gain weight. The majority of my excess weight is in my mid section (like a man gets a beer belly only I'm a woman). I also sit at a desk all day and am in the early stages of menopause. These added issues do not help the weight. This is my first post. I'm hoping for inspiration from others that struggle like I do.