new here

Options
Hi everybody!

I just decided to check out this site b/c my cousin has done amazing using it. I am excited to start my weight loss jounrney. I am trying to end years of yo-yo dieting and gaining and losing this same 20 pounds. Looking to hit (and keep off) my goal weight before summer is through. This has been a big year for me, tons of changes in my life, and im hoping this will be another! New friends and encouragement would be greatly appreciated :flowerforyou:

Replies

• shannonbanana
    shannonbanana Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!

I just decided to check out this site b/c my cousin has done amazing using it. I am excited to start my weight loss jounrney. I am trying to end years of yo-yo dieting and gaining and losing this same 20 pounds. Looking to hit (and keep off) my goal weight before summer is through. This has been a big year for me, tons of changes in my life, and im hoping this will be another! New friends and encouragement would be greatly appreciated :flowerforyou:
  • mitstac17
    mitstac17 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome Shannon! You will love this site and the support here is amazing! Best of luck with your goals...This site has really helped me get focused on healthy eating habits, portion control and drinking my 8 glasses of water...plus, the graphs and report are pretty cool...data, data, data - it is drilled into us as teachers...ENJOY!:drinker:
  • saefender
    saefender Posts: 1
    Options
    I really think you'll like this site. I was pointed here by a friend about a month ago & I've really gotten serious about losing weight too. Staying on top of my calories & exercise has helped my lose 15 pounds in a little less than a month. I've been able to do it without starving myself & making sure I'm eating the right things. And it helps I'm trying to beat my friend to our weight loss goals!

P.S. - Another thing that has really worked: look up some of the things you used to eat & see how many calories you were consuming. I used to thing my tuna sub from Subway was a good choice but after seeing I was eating 1500 calories in one sitting (yeah, love the cookies) it was a wake up call that I could do better.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Oh a fellow teacher (joyous here).
    This place is AWESOME! I just found it about a week ago and have already had so many changes lifestyle wise! I love it!
  • jsjones
    jsjones Posts: 1
    Options
    I just found this place, it's awesome. Finally a place that can help me organize and analyze my eating trends. I love your recipe idea. My husband is probably my biggest challenge, he loves the high-fat food, and turns up his nose at anything that resembles anything healthy. BUT, I'm seeing him follow my lead, so I hope you all will help me with this! I'll help you any way I can.