Oh goodness, hello(:

Options
2»

Replies

• deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm 5 foot 7 too and my current weight is 183lbs. i am also trying to get down to 140lbs, but I started on here at 208lbs!

I'm 22 and from London, England. Read my profile for what I find useful in my weight loss and add me if you like! x
  • jessicamariemeyer
    jessicamariemeyer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica, thanks for joining, you will like it here. I started at 172 pounds a couple months ago on here, and I am also hoping to get to 140 (I am 5' 5.5"). Losing 30 pounds is daunting to me too, and I always seem to get stuck too, but here is hoping you and me both can get there.

Oh sweet! That's cool that be have the same staring point and goals cx
    Thanks for your support, good luck to you too!<3
  • jessicamariemeyer
    jessicamariemeyer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You guys are all so nice and supportive, I'm really looking forward to my workout after work now! :D
  • mandydanyele
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! You can do it and it will get easier the longer you use this site, eat right and exercise :)
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    :smile: Welcome Jessica. I'm Christy and I've been here for about a month. Feel free to send me a friend request. Good luck!
  • Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica,
    Congrats on taking the first step. I've been a MFP member since last March. I can honestly say that it works! I've lost 88lbs (depending on the day :blushing: ) You can definitely lose 30lbs, this site is so motivational, and people on here (most of them anyway) are so supportive! If you want you can friend me. I'm 27, 5'5" and still trying to lose this last 40lbs.

Just remember that there will be bad days, but there will also be good days, and just keep going no matter what!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all that are new!!
    Congrats on making this first step to a new you.

Those that have been here are providing great advice however, the one thing you need to do first is understand that this is not a diet. A diet is something you do for a while and then quit. This is a lifestyle change.

Once you understand that it is a lifestyle change things will become so much more easier. Things will not be such as pain such as tracking or weighing out your food, exercising, etc. Once you understand it is a lifestyle change you will understand you are not confided to so many calories to one day.

So best of luck to all of you...it can be done!!
  • amandajam2012
    Options
    We have similar goals and are the the same height feel free to add me
  • _beautiful_disaster_
    Options
    hello. I'm Vanessa. I just turned 18. Graduated this year, and this 20th, I'll be freshman in college! Scary. But I weigh 150 and I'm 5'6.5. I've lost 9 pounds since i've been on here. and we both have the same goal weight, feel free to add me. :)
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I think it's fantastic you are taking control at such a young age! Getting into good habits of eating and exercising will take you a long way and help you if you go to college and want to avoid the dreaded Freshman 15 :) Feel free to add me if you need support.
  • aammie12
    aammie12 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hello!!
    I'm 18 too!! and 5'7 and trying to lose 30 lbs lol
    (lots in common) feel free to add me and we can keep eachother movitvated!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    And dont forget your "before" pics--cuz those really help when the scale doesn't move but your measurements do. Sometimes it is easier to see the change with pics cuz you are so used to seeing yourself everyday.

Welcome to MFP!!
  • Presleyforpresident
    Options
    welcome! :)
    i'm 18 and i'm trying to lose around 65 more lbs.
    add me for support if you want!