Therapeutic purposes

amwood83
amwood83 Posts: 16
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I don't know that I care for anyone to read these. But I think keeping track of my mental preparation and mental journey will help me reflect on my skewed perspective of food. This is definitely a spiritual journey for me. I find great peace and comfort in junk food. It's embarrassing but I have a relationship with food that has been so harmful to me. I know the times in my life when I have put on the most weight are those times that I feel without purpose or comfort. So if I find my purpose in Christ and my comfort in the joy of the Lord I know that I can overcome this ridiculous obsession with over-consumption. I have a personal trainer and a personal dietitian on board and they have been helping me since AUGUST! And I am still tipping toward 300 pounds. I don't know if I have ever been this big or if I was that I cared. I get so aggrevated with my body image. I catch myself in the mirror and I just have these pouches of fat under my chin. I layer my colthes. On the fourth of July. I wear a bathing suit under my clothes regularly. I don't say these things to pity myself, I am merely stating the facts and my aggrevation regarding them. So I want to not be uncomfortable in my own skin. My therapist suggested I look at myself and say "I like this. I will work on this, etc..." Not to look at myself and pinch my fat hoping that I can pinch it off like a cellulitic pimple. There are things I like. I like my face. I like my hair. I like my ankles. The rest of me needs work. And that's what I plan on doing. Working on the rest of me. Starting with my mind. I am cutting out fast food. Altogether. McDonald's has an awesome Southwest Chicken Salad but an even better Angus Burger. and I'm talking about the meal deal. Not just the burger. So I think it would be in my body and heart's best interest just to skip the drive-thru altogether. So far, today has been excellent. My dietitian has me on 1800 cals. per day and MFP says I can eat 2330. That was nice to hear. But I think I can stay in the 1800 range. It'll take work but I know I can do it. So far so good. Let's hope dinner is a success. I have faith that it will be because I can do all things through Christ. Including controlling my addiction. Thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to live today and your new mercies that wake me in the morning. Amen and amen.

Replies

• agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Good post, but if your not really looking for a huge response you could use your blog instead of making out a thread about it. That way if you want to look back on it you can see all the posts together. Its a little more organized that way.
  • With the added help you'll get from MFP in addition to the help your already getting, you will be able to accomplish your goals.
  • It sounds like you have the right attitude this time. I know it's hard to lose the weight. I tipped the scale at 314lb about 2 years ago. I then lost 50lb by the next year. I stayed between 254 and 264 till this past year when I finally got pregnant. I only gained 10lbs by the time I lost the baby at 5 months or 20 weeks in July. I never lost that 10 lbs. I just ate what I wanted. It was my way of cooping. I'm now working on losing the weight and then some. I joined the gym and I've been tracking my food. So I hope that if I do get pregnant again I won't have the same issue I did the first time. I know I need to stay healthy and get back into a better shape then round. I wish you luck and I will pray for you.

Blessings and Hope
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Welcome you have come to the right place! I just joined myself 8 days ago! I have hated the way I have looked the past 10 years but I just now got my will power and focus back to make a change~ a life change! I'm also an emtional eater and some foods taste so good but I need to go and discovery new yummo foods. I have already started to. I wish you lots of luck in your journey to success and losing all the weight that you need. :smile:
  • Tangy1966
    Tangy1966 Posts: 50 Member
    Good Luck and Gold Bless you on the journey. You have to remember your worth..we all do. Make sure you put healthy
    nutritious food into your body as much as you can. The junk will have to take a back seat for now. You are worth more.
    Don't let your taste buds win every time...your spirit and drive for a better you, should help you make the best choices.
    Have fun on the way to your best self...your true self!
  • I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even imagine. I say this with all deliberation--that I will be keeping you in mind in my prayers. I know that would be tough but God is a good God and a God of miracles. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
  • Thanks! I was watching Akeelah and the Bee and they quoted...well, I believe they quoted Frederick Douglass...and he said that we aren't afraid to fail but we're afraid to be great. His quote was more eloquent but the gist of it was pretty inspiring. I believe when I reach my goal, I'll be glad I took the time to not satisfy myself instantly.
  • Thanks for the encouragement! Getting ready to accept my new friend!:)
    Welcome you have come to the right place! I just joined myself 8 days ago! I have hated the way I have looked the past 10 years but I just now got my will power and focus back to make a change~ a life change! I'm also an emtional eater and some foods taste so good but I need to go and discovery new yummo foods. I have already started to. I wish you lots of luck in your journey to success and losing all the weight that you need. :smile:
  • Keep your faith in God strong and stay aways from those drive-thrus! I myself have an obsession with the Angus burger and pretty much the entire McDonalds menu! God Bless!
  • Thanks Amandano!
This discussion has been closed.