time for a total overhaul

Options
well after 6 weeks of 1200 cal dieting, intermittent fasting (16/8) killing it at the gym 6 days a week and loads of weight training i have seen no results at all. not a gram, not an inch lost. There is nothing for it but to totally overhaul the way i am doing things and see if it helps so:

Calories increased to 1500 from 1200
Thrown intermittent fasting out of the window it makes me tired and grumpy
Switched from heavy lifting low reps + cardio to slightly lighter weights, high reps plus HITT
Ordered a fitbit to track my calorie burn more accurately
Started eating breakfast
Ordered high protein bars.

Anything else i can do?? i really need to shift some weight but nothing budges yet weirdly all my fat has done yukky and squishy eeuuwwwww

Replies

• cyndarella13
    cyndarella13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me.Bump for more comments
  • lilschrec0007
    Options
    Start drinking more water. Water will flush your body of unwanted toxins and it will also keep your stomach with a fuller feeling. Also, make sure that you aren't over working your body. Be sure to get proper rest and proper rest days.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    i do drink water but maybe not quite so much as i should. i drink a lot of fluid just not always water. I maybe hit 2 litres a day on plain water
  • twonkieone
    twonkieone Posts: 132
    Options
    i could copy and paste your status as mine -- killing it at the gym, eating under given calories, sleeping, drinking water..... so yesterday i decided to do couch to 5k --- day one was easy because i'm a gym rat but not a runner so figured i'd follow the program and not burn out. hoping that a new exercise will help and i'm adding in new fats/oils since i usually am way below. i also end the day with 70% of my carbs left so am going to try to get more of them as well.
    friend me if you want to kick this in the *kitten* together!!!! just started this week so looking for support!!
    brooke
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    With all that exercise, your body probably wasn't getting enough. It sounds like the changes are for the better! Are you eating a total of 1,500 calories, or netting 1,500?
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are going the right direction. I, too, had no success on 1200 calories. I upped mine to 1500 and am seeing results. The scale is not moving as I expected, but the inches are decreasing. That is what matters to me.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Maybe not try to change everything at once? How will you know what works and what doesn't if you completely change everything?
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your food intake is accurate? I realized how off I was when I actually used a food scale. Good luck... sounds like you have a good plan in place to switch things up.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    With all that exercise, your body probably wasn't getting enough. It sounds like the changes are for the better! Are you eating a total of 1,500 calories, or netting 1,500?

eating 1500 now, i was eating 1200 but its not enough i was too hungry. i'll see how i do on 1500 and if i need more i'll go up
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    Are you sure your food intake is accurate? I realized how off I was when I actually used a food scale. Good luck... sounds like you have a good plan in place to switch things up.

oh its accurate to the last gram, i weigh everything before i eat it