124»

Replies

• Zombi35tev3
    Zombi35tev3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My stubborn fat is in exactly the same area. I've lost inches at the waist and chest, but belly - nothing at all for aaaages (I don't have much to lose so I'm aware this isn't a huge problem). In fact, losing at my waist made my belly look even bigger - freaked me out til I figured out what was going on!

I started my weight loss journey over a year ago with 30DS and I'm now redoing it before holiday as I find it tightens me up all over and helps my stamina, but I started lifting heavy in May, and I gotta say, I have found nothing (not cardio, not HIIT, not circuit training) to compare with the effects. I only need half an hour 3 times a week with a barbell and some plates at home, loosely following Stronglifts5x5 (no room for a bench, I do pushups instead) and although I have trouble motivating myself to stick with it (I wish I knew why!) every time I dip back into it I really notice. My weights cost £30 (about $50) and that's all I need.

My belly is still giving me frown lines, but I know that as I lose fat and build muscle, sooner or later it will follow suit. I have my macros set to 40/30/30 too, eating at maintenance, lots of water and (as I get issues with keeping my system going) 100ml of prune juice each day. It's slow, but it's definitely measureable (with the tape measure as opposed to the fickle scale ;o)