Wine and Chocolate NSV

Options
Last night I got some very upsetting family news that honestly floored me. I had to hold back tears throughout my workday and all I wanted to do was go home, open the chocolate ice cream in the freezer and a bottle of wine, and demolish them both.

INSTEAD, I went for a quick run, and then grabbed dinner with a friend - which was a vegetable quesadilla and two lite beers, and all fit in my calories for the day.

Much better than practically blowing the entire week with a tub of ice cream and wine, don't you think?

Gotta celebrate the little victories! :)

Replies

• DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing NSV... but you're just always amazing anyway :bigsmile:

Hope the family situation gets a bit better soon!
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I do hope things get better in the family. Great job in not making it worse by sabotaging your health!
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Being a stress eater myself, that is the best NSV you could ever want. Great job!
  • GFox484
    GFox484 Posts: 17
    Options
    WELL DONE!!!
  • momof4ts
    momof4ts Posts: 118
    Options
    Super!! Way to go!!:flowerforyou: cheers to good choices!
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to not turn to food - that's why it's called "comfort food," but I've found it doesn't really offer comfort in the long run. I'm so glad you chose a healthier way to deal with the situation. The exercise and eating right will help you feel better and not add to the distressed feeling and emotions. Good going, honey. I hope the situation will get better.
  • dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    GREAT Job!! This is one of the best NSVs I have read in a while.
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!