Low Carb foods....

Options
Hi everyone,

I desperately want to decrease my carb intake...trouble being I don't know what low carb foods are!!!
Any info or help is greatly received.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I desperately want to decrease my carb intake...trouble being I don't know what low carb foods are!!!
    Any info or help is greatly received.

Steak, chicken, fish, eggs, butter, oils, bacon
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't lower it any lower than you already are. You're eating very little to begin with.
  • Mark_1971
    Options
    If you lower your carbs then try to replace them with fats rather than protein or you will be very tired and lethargic.
    Preferably Fatty fish, oils (evoo, coconut, walnut etc), Nuts and seeds. Eggs.
  • black_sabbath
    Options
    Thanks guys :) I'm trying to make a meal plan up to help me on my way....but also so I don't stray into those tempting kitchen cupboards
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    And get your carbs from dark, leafy greens. I get mine from zucchini instead, when I'm not too broke for groceries.

It's all about cutting out the processed crap from your diet. And as much as you might think it's a good idea, STAY AWAY FROM sugar free candies and Atkins bars. They can make you take up residence in your bathroom and stall your progress.

Also, eat eat eat! (I should probably take my own advice on that one) and drink lots of water if you're going REALLY low carb to help your kidneys out (once again, I need to take my own advice lol).
  • mahlerosa
    Options
    Make a big salad with loads of chopped veg and lettuce, hard boiled egg, bacon, avocado, turkey, cheeses. Stay away from the sugar. I make zucchini pancakes. Taco's with low carb tortilla's.
  • mahlerosa
    Options
    I forgot... raw almonds. If I get hungry in the afternoon I can eat 10 almonds and it gets me thru to dinner.
  • mahlerosa
    Options
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/ Tons of ideas and motivation.