Finding Your Happy Weight

Options
It’s the weight that makes your heart sing when you step on the scale in the morning.   Go above, and you’re not as happy.  Go below, and maybe you are a little happier –  because then you can go to Golden Corral that day and eat a few more calories!

I first found my happy weight by deciding it on a height & weight chart, and decided that I could weigh 100 pounds for the first five feet, then 5 more pounds for each inch after that.  Pretty basic.  This doesn’t take into account small, medium or large bone frames, so you may want to try a height/weight chart like this: http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

Finding your body mass index (BMI) is fun, too.  Here’s a simple test to check your BMI: http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessing/bmi/

Replies

• XxSarahKatexX
    Options
    haha i looked at this site to find my frame size out of curiosity http://www.livestrong.com/article/451497-how-to-find-out-your-body-frame/

and I am 5'4" and my wrist is like..slightly under 5 inches. I feel tiny `.` Makes me more excited for my weight loss<3
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    my happy weight would be 130 i guess... 125 is my dream weight but seems very very hard to attain...and then STAY at. I'd be happy with 135 too but not as happy. So I think 130 would be best since I'd be happy with the 5lbs up or down around it.
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would be happy at 100 pounds...I am almost 5' and about 122 right now...would be happy with 115 if I get any lower than that I look nasty (I am also very small boned) but I carry most of my weight in my belly and thighs and of course that is not where I lose the weight so I would keep shrinking the places that don't need it like my arms and chest. Working on toning and losing the last 7 pounds right now.

People are already making annoying comments to me that I don't need to lose anymore weight.
  • nomorechub68
    Options
    :smile: That is a cool website...checking the size of the your wrist...kills 2 birds with one stone, I now know what body frame I have AND I know what size bracelet to order when I shop online! yipeeee.
    I am just going to be so happy to get rid of my wobbily bits around this here belly. I have been in denial for a while now so I am finally ready....Thanks again for that info on the wrist thingy
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a happy weight, I have a happy size. I lift weights, and tend to put muscle on easily, so I've learned not to be too upset about my heavier weight against weight charts. As long as I'm in my size 6's, I'm happy.
  • scornholio
    Options
    I just always assumed I'd know what my happy weight was when I got there. I made a goal and plan to re-evaluate when I get to it.
  • kt2134
    kt2134 Posts: 45
    Options
    I just always assumed I'd know what my happy weight was when I got there. I made a goal and plan to re-evaluate when I get to it.

Same for me
  • dovek11
    dovek11 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am a large boned shorty! Just learned that last week, and it kind of shocked me. I am not sure what my happy weight would be. I am pretty happy where I am. I have accomplished a lot for me!
    But I used the charts to set my goal at less. I am going to keep at it, and see what happens. I have a clue I don't know WHAT weight my body would really like to be at. I am just going to listen to my body and see what it says is good for us.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    If I go by my wrist and height, I have a large frame.
    If I go by my elbow and height, I have a large frame and I should weigh between 140-170. :noway:

Or maybe, I'm just too fat to feel my bones!
  • Healthy_Melva
    Healthy_Melva Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like this site bc it reminds me that frame size does matter. I've been looking at bmi and age/height, which sets me about 10# below my goal weight. I would not be happy trying to accomplish that and don't think I could maintain it. Adding in frame size, puts me about 2# lighter than my current goals. So, :laugh: Thanks for the reminder.
  • KatyBugs1724
    Options
    120-125lbs. I'm 5'6" and that was easily maintainable for me and I looked great! That's my goal since I know it's realistic for me. My dream would be like 110-115 but I know that that's pretty much impossible for me to reach
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    I know my happy weight is around 125-127. My body's happy weight, at present, is 130-135, but I know that's partly because I let it get that way. I'm starting some good weight training and trying somewhat of an increase in calories to see if perhaps that will help. My wrist and height confirm for me that I'm basically a small frame (approaching medium, but not quite there), so what I'm aiming for is realistic.

What I really want is a fitbit so I can find out what I'm REALLY burning in a day. All the calculators are great, but they aren't calibrated to my specific metabolism, so I'd really kindof like to do something that will be more accurate for my personal stats.

The whole thing is still enough guesstimating to be frustrating...