To my insanity people out there.. SHakeology?!?

Options
I have just started the insanity program and was wondering if you guys are drinking the shakeology? $4 a day seems pretty costly to me. Or are you doing a substitute shake of some sort for less money? Or not at all!? I already eat healthy but they recommend drinking the shakeology's too so just wanted some input from other insanity people. Thanks.

Replies

• NikkiA0612
    Options
    I'm also doing insanity and I love shakeology. Without shakeology I was lacking energy. The energy helped me have the energy to make it through the day and through my workouts!. Hope this helps you!
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I was just reading the following thread about shakeology. Just FYI

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/678896-shakeology-is-overpriced-garbarge

Oh and I never have or will pay for the shakeology. I'll stick to my regular protein shakes that are so much cheaper or make my own.
  • sarahbrown1015
    sarahbrown1015 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was super excited about Shakeology the first month I just received my second bag in the mail and they changed the formula. It has 13 grams less sugar now but it tastes like cough syrup to me. I'm sad because it was super good before.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    It's a waste of money.
  • teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have just started the insanity program and was wondering if you guys are drinking the shakeology? $4 a day seems pretty costly to me. Or are you doing a substitute shake of some sort for less money? Or not at all!? I already eat healthy but they recommend drinking the shakeology's too so just wanted some input from other insanity people. Thanks.

Shakeoloy is not a requirement even though the guide notes it. Just eat healthy foods and make sure your consuming a quality protein. Despite the bad rep shakeology gets from people around MFP, its a good product but you dont have to use it. Funny though, half the people knocking shakeology are completely unaware of all the other crap they eat daily...hence..people think subway is actually healthy??? someone might wanna look at how THAT "food" is manufactured before it hits the stores.
  • laurenaphelps
    Options
    I drank Shakeology through my 60 days of Insanity. I loved it. It is a premium product that's unlike anything else out there. If you can afford it in your grocery budget, go for it! In the second month of Insanity, I drank the Results and Recovery formula. It's only about $2 per serving and tastes like orange popsicle. I really believe it helped me get through the soreness that comes with the MAX workouts.

Good luck! You can do it!!
  • laurenaphelps
    Options
    I was super excited about Shakeology the first month I just received my second bag in the mail and they changed the formula. It has 13 grams less sugar now but it tastes like cough syrup to me. I'm sad because it was super good before.

I'm sad too... but I've been drinking the new formula for a week now and I'm adjusting. It's still a HEALTHY product, we just need to let our taste buds adjust. If you still don't like it after a couple weeks, send it back. Beachbody has a 30 day bottom of the bag guarantee.
  • AudiMomma
    Options

I'm sad too... but I've been drinking the new formula for a week now and I'm adjusting. It's still a HEALTHY product, we just need to let our taste buds adjust. If you still don't like it after a couple weeks, send it back. Beachbody has a 30 day bottom of the bag guarantee.

THAT SUCKS!!! i hate green berry, never tired the strawberry, i hope it don't taste terrible =( i can't get my tastebuds past green berry made it a ton of different ways. yet for some reason people i know personally love the green berry