feeling down?!

Options
hey all....does anyone else feel like that number on the scales rules ur life?to me it seems that the more I lose the more I want to lose.if u told me a year ago I would be the weight I am now I would feel thrilled,but yet I have achieved it and I still feel down...i still see a chubby girl in the mirror looking back at me...sorry guys just a moan about feeling down and lonely :(

Replies

• d4wn66
    d4wn66 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hey I can relate exactly to your post, I'm sorry I can't help because I feel the same, but pease don't feel alone , feel free to add me if it would help.Im having a bad time my self , but would be more than happy to help in any way I can.:smile:
  • camayallover
    camayallover Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat too - although haven't lost so I'm here if you want to "friend" me for support. I'll do all I can to help you through this!

I was looking at some old family photos this week and it reminded me of how active my grandparents were naturally and where they focused. It is a different time and we emphasize all the wrong things in media some times.

Maybe focus on extended family, close friends and so some things to just feel better and not worry so much about your weight right now?

Hope this helps...
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Hi Anya06,

Yes. It doesn't help that I seem to go back and forth between good choices then totally fall off the wagon with bad choices. My number has been bouncing up and down in small increments since I went into 'maintain' -- which a number hasn't been too consistent there. Like I said, a little up, then down. But this has been a constant for months now. It's all my fault though. I obviously have messed up food issues anymore, I never used to have them this bad either.

Now when I weigh in (I started out on MFP and PRE-MFP weighing in everyday -- multiple times a day but found that too nerve-wracking, went to once a week and that felt great and worked good for a while) but now I am back to an everyday weigh in, like I said because my choices have been so jacked up lately. Up then down, up then down...

The reward before was seeing a loss, now it's like get on the scale, cross your fingers and hope you didn't do major damage.
    It sucks. :grumble:

Ok, sorry I am rambling. But I do understand. Logically I know it's not really about the number. Despite the bad choices, my clothes still fit, I don't physically look heavier again, but it certainly toys with me mentally & emotionally. I tend to battle between my logical side and my very likely 'delusional' (lol) side. At times I still see the old me in the mirror and other times I see the newer smaller healthier me and I almost don't recognize myself at those times.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    So throw away the scale.
  • Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    d4wn66 wrote: »
    Hey I can relate exactly to your post, I'm sorry I can't help because I feel the same, but pease don't feel alone , feel free to add me if it would help.Im having a bad time my self , but would be more than happy to help in any way I can.:smile:

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    It takes time for your mind to catch up with your body.. many people feel this way. Give urself a 5-10lb window. Your weight will change daily its just how it is. I think maybe its time to focus on domething else. Maybe get a new hobby or try a class...
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I can totally understand all of you. I look in the mirror some days and don't like what I see at all, and get so down on myself for not getting to that specific number in my head. But then I try and make myself remember all that I've accomplished and that the number doesn't matter. I am healthy, live a healthy lifestyle, make good food choices whenever possible and have discovered how amazing I feel after a good workout. We all have to focus on the positives in life.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I can totally understand all of you. I look in the mirror some days and don't like what I see at all, and get so down on myself for not getting to that specific number in my head. But then I try and make myself remember all that I've accomplished and that the number doesn't matter. I am healthy, live a healthy lifestyle, make good food choices whenever possible and have discovered how amazing I feel after a good workout. We all have to focus on the positives in life.
  • Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have lost 2st 5lbs and when I look in the mirror I don't see any change!
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    God yes. Every single day. I hate mirrors.
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Maybe take a mental break from mirrors. Negative self talk doesn't help any of us. I know it is hard to turn off. But if you try I am sure you did something great/helpful/kind/smart today that had nothing to do with your weight. Good luck.