Someone help my sweet tooth!

Options
I have the worlds worst sweet tooth, so am hoping some of you might have some ideas for cakes or desserts i can make that aren't that bad for you?

Please help me! I'm dying here!

Replies

• A_Shannigans
    A_Shannigans Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have the worlds worst sweet tooth, so am hoping some of you might have some ideas for cakes or desserts i can make that aren't that bad for you?

Please help me! I'm dying here!

Frozen yogurt is a good one. check the recipes section too. Sugar free pudding made with low fat or non fat milk or maybe almond milk. I think they had a low cal peanut butter cookie recipe on there.
  • gretchengarrett
    gretchengarrett Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't have any recipes for the sweet stuff (though I'm sure that others will chime in with them soon) but I've found that raw almonds have a lovely sweetness to them. Plus, you can eat 15 of them and consume only 100 calories! You can get rid of the bitter skins by blanching the almonds or just sucking on them until the skin basically falls off. Without skins, and without being subjected to any kind of roasting, they're really quite delicious.
  • kriselayne1
    kriselayne1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I too have a huge sweet tooth! I can actually eat any type of sweets for breakfast given the opportunity and a low moment. But anyway back to your question...

Try Angel Food cake with whipped cream and some sort of fruit. I buy it premade at Shoprite and add the whipped topping from the container with some sliced strawberries. They have the cals on the container which I think are about 80 cals per serving for the cake.

Blue Bunny makes a nice frozen yogurt that tastes like ice cream (no lie) and it comes in 3 different flavors. I think its black cherry, praline and I can't remember the other. I've tried all 3 and love the black cherry and praline. Just measure out your serving so you don;t go overboard.

There are many many more ideas but your best bet is to start off trying to have small portions of your fav dessert after you've put in a good workout so that you aren't over your cal limits and then phase them out for more healhy snacks and desserts.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying the full fat version of a dessert as long as its kept to a minimum