Eat Better America...

Options
Did anyone watch the premier of Biggest Looser last night?! Love it Love it Love it :love:
I signed up for the Pound for Pound Challenge afterwards, and was directed to another website that I wanted to share with you!
Eatbetteramerica.com Sign up! Im glad I did! Theres FABULOUS recipes on there :bigsmile:

Replies

• teenuhbees
    Options
    It was awesome! SO inspiring too. I think my new favorite is Daris and Cheryl, they were so freaking cute and motivational. Can't wait for next week!
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for eat better america. it had some super appetizing recipes on there. What else does the site do besides give recipes?
  • MissLinzi
    MissLinzi Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It was awesome! SO inspiring too. I think my new favorite is Daris and Cheryl, they were so freaking cute and motivational. Can't wait for next week!

Weren't they so cute together?! I was really excited for Maria & Michael, they had me smiling with tears in my eyes. :bigsmile:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I'll go and check it out. I signed up for the Pound for Pound Challenge a few weeks ago in anticipation of the new season. I absolutely love the show. The best part is that after Biggest Loser finishes in May, Jillian's new show starts. So much motivation to look forward to.
  • MissLinzi
    Options
    I just signed up for eat better america. it had some super appetizing recipes on there. What else does the site do besides give recipes?
    I havent even checked out the whole website yet. It looks like its all kinds of recipes, forums/chats for recipes, weight loss, fitness, lots of great articles on a variety of topics.
  • MissLinzi
    Options
    :smile: :smile:
    Thanks for the info, I'll go and check it out. I signed up for the Pound for Pound Challenge a few weeks ago in anticipation of the new season. I absolutely love the show. The best part is that after Biggest Loser finishes in May, Jillian's new show starts. So much motivation to look forward to.

Oh whats her new show? I need to start paying attention :happy:
    Yes there is lots of motivation with the show! I was doing squats, throwdowns, and my resistance bands while I watched it. SO excited!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    eat better america is one of my FAVORITE websites - it's my go-to for "healthified" recipes of some of my favorites. I have tried a lot of the recipes on there, here are some of my faves that I can think of off the top of my head:

-Healthified Monkey Bread (oh.my.god.!!!!! SO delicious!) I just made this again last weekend for breakfast
    -Potato Salad
    -Spinach/Artichoke Dip
    -Fettucine Alfredo - can't even tell it's low fat - it's so rich and GOOD!
    -Mac & Cheese - even my husband prefers this version to a full-fat version
    -Creamy Cucumbers
    -Yogurt-Bran Muffins - I HIGHLY recommend these, especially with raspberries. :tongue:
    -Pina Colada Cake
    -Orange Fruit Dip

Ok, so that's more than a few, but this site ROCKS!!! After making this list, I think I need to make some fettucine alfredo and yogurt bran muffins. YUM!!!!
  • MissLinzi
    Options
    eat better america is one of my FAVORITE websites - it's my go-to for "healthified" recipes of some of my favorites. I have tried a lot of the recipes on there, here are some of my faves that I can think of off the top of my head:

-Healthified Monkey Bread (oh.my.god.!!!!! SO delicious!) I just made this again last weekend for breakfast
    -Potato Salad
    -Spinach/Artichoke Dip
    -Fettucine Alfredo - can't even tell it's low fat - it's so rich and GOOD!
    -Mac & Cheese - even my husband prefers this version to a full-fat version
    -Creamy Cucumbers
    -Yogurt-Bran Muffins - I HIGHLY recommend these, especially with raspberries. :tongue:
    -Pina Colada Cake
    -Orange Fruit Dip

Ok, so that's more than a few, but this site ROCKS!!! After making this list, I think I need to make some fettucine alfredo and yogurt bran muffins. YUM!!!!

You're so funny! Thanks for the list :bigsmile: I was eyeballing that spinach/artichoke dip!!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    You're so funny! Thanks for the list :bigsmile: I was eyeballing that spinach/artichoke dip!!

You've got to try it - they have two, a warm one and a cold one. I absolutely love the cold one, I prefer it over any other spinach/artichoke dip (warm or cold). However, I don't use fat-free stuff (like the sour cream and mayo), I prefer to use 'light' for both....and when I make this I sub half of the sour cream for light cream cheese. It's a winner, I tell ya! :wink:
  • MissLinzi
    Options

You've got to try it - they have two, a warm one and a cold one. I absolutely love the cold one, I prefer it over any other spinach/artichoke dip (warm or cold). However, I don't use fat-free stuff (like the sour cream and mayo), I prefer to use 'light' for both....and when I make this I sub half of the sour cream for light cream cheese. It's a winner, I tell ya! :wink:

I agree. Some fat-free stuff is just plain gross! I got fat-free cottage cheese the other day and I had to force feed myself. Thanks for the info! My boyfriend loves spinach/artichoke dip and swares he's got the greatest recipe for it...we'll put his to the test :wink:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    The new Jillian Michael's show is going to be about her living with an overweight family for a week and teaching them how to eat better and exercise for weight loss. Sounds awesome to me, but my family wouldn't let me send in the application to have her come visit us. My boyfriend even said he'd have to stop dating me while she was there because she's so scary (because he gets his butt kicked every time he attempts one of her videos!).
  • MissLinzi
    Options
    The new Jillian Michael's show is going to be about her living with an overweight family for a week and teaching them how to eat better and exercise for weight loss. Sounds awesome to me, but my family wouldn't let me send in the application to have her come visit us. My boyfriend even said he'd have to stop dating me while she was there because she's so scary (because he gets his butt kicked every time he attempts one of her videos!).

Oh sounds great, cant wait to see it! I love how informational the shows are but I tend to wonder how realistic all of it is. Either way its motivational!