Afternoon snacker needs help!

Options
13»

Replies

• mc_mamma
    Options
    A lot of times for me it is the action of snacking that i like, not that im necessarily so hungry (I am working on this i know) but anyway, I like to choose raw veggies because i can snack on them for 30 minutes and still only have consumbers 85 calories or so, now i do still choose prepackaged or procesed snacks like a fiber one bar, they do help ward off hunger, but thats 90 calories in 2 minutes...

also popcorn is great, skinny pop, boom chicka pop both are low in calories, or air popped

Mine is a lot about the "act of" too I think. And I do like big quantities that last me awhile as well!
  • mc_mamma
    Options
    So many excellent ideas! Thank you for sharing. Someone asked me what I eat for breakfast. I eat 2 servings of Aldi's version of Honey Bunches of Oats and 1/2 a cup of milk. It satisfies and sustains me just fine in the morning. You all have given me such a variety of things to try... which will also help avoid a rut!
  • StevenV84
    Options
    Frosted Mini Wheats Little Bites only have 190 calories per serving (42 pieces which can easily be cut in half if you are short on calories). It satisfies the sweet tooth and has plenty of fiber to carry you to dinner.

Obviously fruit and veggies are great as a snack, but I like to pair the veggies with hummus. They sell snack sizes now too.
  • ktull68
    ktull68 Posts: 19
    Options
    Homemade popcorn with my whirly pop really helped me when I had afternoon cravings. Melt a teaspoon of coconut oil first. Add corn and pop. I then add pepper and salt for savory. Or cin and splenda mix for sweet. Popcorn is low in calorie, high fiber and you can munch on it for a while without feeling deprived. Also, if I start my day with a bowl of oatmeal I have less cravings later in the day.
    Blessings!
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I snack in the afternoons to especially if it was a stressful day. I snack on plain cherrios with no milk. I eat them one at a time and it satisfies my needs
  • lesliezhang
    Options
    I recently discovered Mary's Gone Crackers. They're great for snacking -- about 140 calories for 13 chips, but you're full after about 3. Not to mention they're high in fiber + healthy fats, and you can read and identify everything on the ingredients list.
    The company make cookies as well but I haven't tried them.
  • swkittrell
    Options
    What time do you eat lunch? You my be eating an early lunch and then you get hungry sooner. If I fill like I need a snack I drink a glass of water and then eat an apple or banana. If you need a snack remember the old saying don't eat something before supper you are going to ruin your supper. Really this is what you want to do so when you eat your supper you are not starving and you will not eat as much. You may also be eating out of habit or bordum. If you can do something different to take your mind off food.
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    all those wonderful snack ideas