Kinda newbie looking for friends

Hello all, my name is Amber. I am newer to fitnesspal but not new to trying to lose weight. I am a 35 year old momma who works rotating shifts as a dispatcher. I am getting married to my Rock in a little over a month. We have made it through his 15 month deployment, my son having cancer and 2 liver transplants, and our killer schedules...and now we are tying the knot! I want to get in better shape and lose weight to be a better example to my kids and to be as active as my man is. I don't want to live life on the sideline anymore!
Please feel free to add me as a friend and give motivation, support, and butt kickings as needed...and I promise to do the same!!
:-) Amber

Replies

• jkc041709
    jkc041709 Posts: 31 Member
    Wow -you've been through a lot!! Looks like it is your time now :) Enjoy all the happiness coming your way!
  • Thanks!! Yes, Jaxon was diagnosed when he was 2 1/2 and went through 12 rounds of chemo and 2 liver transplants, but he is 7 now and is a real blessing! I am getting used to the quiet after the storm.
    Thanks for the add!
  • jkc041709
    jkc041709 Posts: 31 Member
    I cannot even imagine what it must have been like for you! So glad he is doing well now :happy:
  • Congratulations on the wedding -

X
  • herbalkitty
    herbalkitty Posts: 185 Member
    Hi and welcome :)
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    You & Heather are amazing, I have a four year old daughter & can't think of bad stuff happening to her without tearing up.

Russ