Need some encouragement please.

Options
So....I am stuck :( I am going down inches but not pounds. I did have my calories at 2000 but I am moving it back down to 1490 to see if that speeds things back up again. Let me know your thoughts on it :)

Replies

• MissWana
    MissWana Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey love,

Have you taken into consideration your body fat to lean body mass ratio? You may be losing the fat and gaining lean muscle, this would account for your loss in inches but the plateauing of your weight. Its not a bad thing. Keep it up dear!

I hope this has been a help to you
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Id rather loses the inches so I think you're doing great.
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    How long have you been stuck? Plateaus are a normal part of weight loss and making drastic changes may help, but also may result in rebound when you begin eating more.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    More than likely you're making Muscle to replace the fat (which weight more) So even if the scale doesn't move, your tummy will! I think you should keep the calories the same, until you stop losing inches. Otherwise your body'll might probably end up eating the new muscle!
  • Raregreeneyes
    Raregreeneyes Posts: 80 Member
    Options
  • andkern
    andkern Posts: 1
    Options
    I am doing the same thing you are doing... My clothes are feeling loser and my face is slimming down but my weight is the same I have been doing about 1600 to 1700 calories but I workout like crazy!!! Just keep it up you will do just fine!! I really feel the same kind of bummed when I jump on the scale and it goes up or stays the same but my clothes feel loser and I just feel amazing

Keep up the good work it's a struggle for me everyday too!
  • vivie72
    vivie72 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I go in cycles. I lose a few pounds and then a few inches, etc. Keep it up it will come off.
  • WendyCollinson2004
    WendyCollinson2004 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Another thing I have seen people who plateau do is to just measure your waist, legs, etc., instead of getting on the scale. You don't want to make yourself depressed by not seeing the number on the scale move.
  • teletubbie87
    teletubbie87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I will tell you something I've experience on myself and others here in MFP,
    when you do strength training you will not drop a lot of pounds every wk,
    you'd probably lose a couple every month, but your body is changing ....
    It's not that you are not doing good, it's just muscle weighs more than fat.

Measure yourself, look at your body changes and don't just look at the number
    and stress... The body is all that counts... If you are losing inches and looking healthier,
    isn't that what we all want? It's not about being in your ideal goal and look bony, it's about
    being and looking healthy! Don't stress.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Um, stop weighing yourself. Stop. it. THrow out the scale. If you are losing inches that's awesome! Scale weight means nothing especially if you weight train.
    Start taking pictures, and continue measuring, but please, please please, stop weighing yourself.
    Congrats on the loss of inches though! :drinker:
  • hgunter10
    hgunter10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I did that once before and it caused me to lose focus and quit. Don't get discouraged! I didn't know it then, but I was changing my body, just not on the scale. It will start moving again. I wouldn't suggest lowering your calories that much yet, change your goal settings and see what MFP recommends. Good Luck!!! :)
  • teletubbie87
    teletubbie87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ps. If you want to lose pounds quickly, then do a lot of cardio, maybe 4x a week..
    However, if you have built previous muscle and run a lot, you will be losing muscle too =(.

so I say just stick to what you are doing, measure yourself, and feel the diff in the clothes,
    not the scale!