Guy's Success Stories

Options
2»

Replies

• Stuz359
    Stuz359 Posts: 81
    Options
    At my heaviest I weighed 231lbs at 5'7". I am now 171lbs so 60lbs down. The reason I haven't posted any pics is because I still have around 20lbs to lose and want to save the big reveal.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Shoutout to the men! Way to go guys!
  • bobbymathews
    bobbymathews Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    During a March doctor's visit, I weighed in at 275 lbs. My blood pressure was barely being brought down into the 130s/80s by medication, and my doctor thought I was a great candidate for pre-diabetes. Or a stroke.

I was about to turn 41 years old.

I began to change my eating habits and exercise. In some ways I have it easy: I work nights, and my son is in daycare, so I can spend a good chunk of time at the gym. I lost 20 lbs before joining MFP. My wife joined first, and when she told me that I should check it out, I put it off. But after awhile I decided to try it out, and it is incredibly helpful.

I'm down 23 more pounds, for a grand total of 43 lbs. lost -- and I want to lose another 72. I'm 5'7", so 160 should be just about right for me. But frankly, I'll be ecstatic when I break 200 -- I haven't seen the underside of two bills since before college.

You can read more about my journey at http://bobthewriter.com, if you'd like.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Here's mine:
    Before (summer 2010, about 235 lbs):
    4e4d71da.jpg

After (June 2012, about 162 lbs):
    073d17e5.jpg
    It's all about hard work, consistency and patience.
  • FINALLY! This is exactly what I wanted to see! Great job to everyone - Feel free to add me so we can all do this together!
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    AlotOfSweatAndPain Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Started at 269 last year....today I'm 185-189. Currently bulking. Feel free to add me.

kevinfat.jpg

kevinsidebyside.jpg

kevin189-2.jpg
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Quick story, I weighed 200 pounds at the first of October of 2011. My boss had lost about 30 pounds and he told me that he had just counted calories and topped it at 1500 calories, not much exercise, just eating right. So I said what the hell, I had to do something so I started using MFP as my tool to keep track of my food. I learned what a CUP of food was, lol, and that 3 or 4 ounces of meat aint all that much. I logged everything. After you get your food database set up it becomes relatively easy to do and not time consuming at all.
    I watched what I ate and drank during my vacation to Las Vegas, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I did splurge a little during those periods but quickly lost the weight that came back. I wasnt overly active except around my home on the weekends. It took 3 weeks for the weight to start coming off but then it started COMING OFF. I got down to 172 by the new year but was a little light so I am at a comfortable 180ish and at 5 8, I just need to tighten up what I got. I have maintained that weight since January 2012. Once my knee heals that is the next step.

I still eat what I want and drink what I want but all in moderation. I like the way I feel and will like the way I look once I am able to be 100% mobile again.
  • cortezpj
    cortezpj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP back in late April of this year. Just yesterday I logged in for my 100th day in a row ! (I was pretty psyched about that). My starting weight was 214 lbs, the absolute heaviest I'd ever been. My current weight is 190 lbs. I hope to lose another 15 to 20 pounds.

I read about MFP through a blog I check regularly for work. I was curious, looked around, but was incredibly skeptical. I figured I had nothing to lose and dove right in. Now, 24 lbs later, I think its one of the best decisions I've ever made.

The turning point for me came when I saw a picture of myself having dinner with some friends in mid-April. I was shocked by what I saw and knew that I had to do something. My health was decent but I knew I needed to change things, especially being a man over 40. I love tracking my meals and my exercise.

I attribute my weight loss to MFP and the great community on here. Stick with it -- you'll be glad you did.

Good luck and feel free to add me if you like!
  • bjc101
    bjc101 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Down 36 lbs on MFP, down 45 lbs from my peak weight of 234. Feel great, biking to work, a 28 mile round trip, Incredible at 52 yrs of age to do this easily. Could have never done it as easily when I was up at 234 lbs. Still want to get down to 170, but not rushing at this point. Feel great, weight is still dropping about 1/2 lb per week, which I'm fine with. Keep at it guys!
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Have logged in for 170 days in a row, and am down 74 lbs in just under 6 months. Started at 262, and currently at 188. Tracking what you eat and exercising is the easiest way to lose weight.
  • gullee
    gullee Posts: 11
    Options
    My height is 5'10". I'm down from 240 lbs in July 2011 to 209 today. Even though I don't really trust my scale on BF%, the fact that it says 24.6% now instead of 30% is encouraging. My aim is 190 lbs, which I expect to reach by next summer. My progress can be seen in these photos, which are also in my profile:

1.jpg2-2.jpg

Initially I was just playing a lot of tennis and was not controlling my diet. That led to a weight loss of 15 lbs and then it plateaued. Then I joined MFP 3.5 months ago and started keeping track of what I eat, and since then it's been another 15 lbs. Recently I also started weight training, and that has been helping a lot with reshaping the body instead of just losing weight.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    IMG_1380_2.jpg

DSC00365copy.jpg

You became a musician! Congratulations!

Seriously that's an awesome change. Nothing short of amazing for sure. Congrats.

I didn't really look fat but at the beginning of this year I was hitting 250 occasionally on the scale and I wasn't happy with how my pants fit. I've dropped that down to about 215 now and I checked my body fat the other day at 18%. Not too shabby and I'm going to see if I can drop it down under 15%. I'm going to shoot for 210 next and see what that does for me. I should note that I'm 6'2" so the weight is easy to hide.

Now the irony is that I'm not happy with how my pants fit. None of my pants fit really well anymore and I don't know if I can afford to replace all of them at once. If I drop 5 more pounds it might push me past the breaking point. Currently I can get away with having sagging pants thanks to current terrible fashion trends but when they start falling off I'm going to get in trouble.

Best compliment ever. My wife saying "You're not fluffy anymore." Several people asked how I gained so much muscle. One guy is switching to my gym to work out with me. The secret to looking like you added 10 pounds of muscle is to lose 20 pounds of fat.
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Have been on MFP for just over two months. That's when I started loosing weight. Started at 210 and now at 190. My goal is 170 at some point, so, I am half way there. Signing in daily, keeping track of what I eat, and working out consistently are my ways to do this. i found diversifying my workout regimen to be a great defense against boredom. Getting the support of many on MFP has been a great bonus.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!