slow cookers

Options
i recently got a slow cooker and im looking for some healthy recipes. if anyone has any please share them! thanks

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Here's an Adkins recipe that I use.

Throw a roasting chicken in your crockpot. Add about 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Dot your chicken with some butter or margarine. Salt that guy and throw in some garlic. Cook on low all day long (well for at least 4 hours). I usually start mine in the morning and it's done when everyone gets home from work. The broth makes a good gravy if you're so inclined.
  • khool4
    khool4 Posts: 7
    Options
    Someone suggested on another post: Take chicken breast and put it in the slow cooker on low. Pour BBQ sauce over it and let it cook all day. The chicken will cook in the BBQ sauce. Another option is to get low fat or fat free Cream of Chicken Soup. Pour that over the chicken and cook it all day.

If you want to splurge a little - take a very lean roast and put it in the slow cooker. Take a can of Fat Free Cream of Chicken (or Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Celery) and mix that can of soup with a packet of Onion Soup Mix (Dry). Then add a couple splashes of Steak Sauce or Worchestershire sauce to that mixture and mix it together. Pour the mixture over the roast - set the slow cooker on low - go make a living for the day and when you come home, you will have the most tender roast, that has now made it's own gravy. Add some low cal mashed potatoes and a salad and you will be glad you woke that morning :)

Good luck!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I have my slow cooker going today

1 lb lean beef cubed
    12 mini potatoes halved
    mini carrots ( I like lots)
    1 onion diced
    1 1/2 cups red wine
    1 1/2 cups water
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp garlic plus (club house spice)
    1 bouillion cube

Throw it all in the pot, mix it up cook on low all day. Dinner is ready when you get home.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Or there is the salsa chicken

I bottle of salsa
    1 package low sodium taco seasoning
    1 can low fat cream of mushroom soup
    chicken breasts

Mix it all up and cook all day
  • oliviarolfe
    oliviarolfe Posts: 8 Member
    Options