How does my menu sound?!

Options
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how my menu looks please? and suggest any improvements i need to make? Im trying to eat as clean as possible and do low low carb and high protein.

thank you!

breakfast: 2 whole eggs scrambled with cracked pepper added

Snack: optimum nutrition whey crisp protein bar

lunch: big salad with chicken & 10 almonds. Apple cider vinegar as dressing

snack: 0% fat greek yogurt with teaspoon peanut butter

dinner: salmon fillet with big green salad or green veg

thank you! xxx
snack: 0% fat greek yogurt

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    It sounds good but potentially very low in calories, depending how much chicken and salmon you are eating. Also, you may want to throw some more healthy fats in there...How about some oil with that vinegar on the salad?
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    bump
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    It sounds good but potentially very low in calories, depending how much chicken and salmon you are eating. Also, you may want to throw some more healthy fats in there...How about some oil with that vinegar on the salad?

Thank you! good suggestion :) thanks!
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    WHAT you're eating sounds great. Sounds like a great diet for an active woman, especially one lifting weights/doing lots of excercise. If you're diet is not designed to put you in ketosis, I'd add a serving or two of fruit, particularly berries (they're pretty low in calories, high in nutrients and fiber).

I too question if it's enough. But at worst, I'd say more of what you're eating and you're golden.
  • sasab904
    sasab904 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Or add some avocado to your salad. Is there a reason you are not eating any fruit? You could add fruit to your yogurt and have the peanut butter with your crackers.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much what I do. I get a little tired of salads and try to make black bean or garbanzo bean concoctions. Whole Foods has salads with those. I also like 4oz portions of tuna (steaks), lean pork and beef. Just make sure you are getting the calories you need. Pump up the almonds or meat for that.

I have been eating like that for a year -friend me and you can check out my food log.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I agree with melsinct, looks great but add some good fats. Avocados, raw nuts, and Olive Oil are all great additions. Best of luck! :happy:
  • angeeishere
    angeeishere Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sounds great but one thing I would watch is the calorie intake (as everyone has said), make sure you're getting enough.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I like low fat cottage cheese instead of yogurt, even greek yogurt. It gives me more protein per serving, I use it in my breakfast shake or topped with whatever fruit is in season.
  • curryinahurry
    curryinahurry Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    one day i hope to eat like you

i still eat chocolate and ceral and other things daily