Any College Students?

Options
I need help preparing portable snacks and meals like breakfast and lunch to take with me on campus. I don't buy really fancy or expensive things, so if anyone has any basic ideas, I'd appreciate the help:smile: !

Replies

• j6291
    j6291 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello, I am a senior in college. I've only been trying to lose weight and be healthier this past year, but I have managed to be successful despite being back and forth on campus. I prepare my meals ahead of time so I am not tempted to wait until the last minute to stop and grab fast food. I find a simple chicken or turkey sandwich and fruit such as apples or a banana are the easiest things to take with you. Sometimes I may do a chicken salad or something too. I also like to bring those 100 calorie snacks with me just in case. Unless you have access to a microwave or a refrigerator on campus it really does limit your options. idk where you go to school, but I know at my college we do have some healthy options on campus too so you can look out for some as a last resort.
  • gryphalkon
    Options
    I'm senior in college going back after a summer of trying to get my diet under control. I've read a lot of helpful tips on the forums about eating in college. If you search college student a bunch of them are bound to come up ( we actually are a fair population here :) ) Basically my plan is to make my own breakfast/lunch, and use the nutrion information that my school provides to keep track of what I eat. Feel free to friend me :)
  • summer_cici
    summer_cici Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I wish I could help with suggestions as I'm a university student, but I used to take homemade sandwiches in and snacks too.
    At the moment it's the middle of the summer holidays for me, but it'd be great to find out what others take in so I'll keep an eye on this topic. :D
  • dluessen
    Options
    I'm a junior in college and snacks are super important for me throughout the day because I'm usually in classes from 9-5. I'm a huge fan of special K snacks (especially the protein snack bars and their cracker chips are amazing!). They're easy to throw in your bag. I find high protein snacks to be the easiest to carry around with smashing them (like fruit can be). You can also buy individual sized peanut butter. Protein shakes (like slimfast or special k) are also tiny bottles so they're easy to tote around and don't need to be cold! Hope that helped and good luck!