NSV: Loose pants and the borrowed belt

Options
So this is not my first Non Scale Victory but it's the first one I want to post. I bike to work usually and this particular day I happened to forget my belt for when I change at work. I haven't purchased new pants since I lost over 40lbs (mostly changed belts) and not surprisingly my pants would NOT stay up without me holding them. I could fit another person inside from the looks of it.

All day I spent holding my pants up until my boss (a very nice guy!) offered to lend me his belt. Now my boss is not very big. I always considered myself to be bigger than everyone around me... maybe it's a poor self imagine thing.... but I tried his belt on and I was amazed to find it didn't help one bit. It was so loose around me that it was actually helping to drag the pants down.

I felt bad giving it back to him as if I was being insulting but I thanked him profusely and used a contraption of twist ties and paper clips to hold them together. I suppose I need to buy smaller pants but damn did that feel good! :P

Replies

• LadyE9189
    Options
    Sweet, sweet VICTORY!
  • elanaknt
    elanaknt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome NSV! Way to go! :)
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    WOW know that's a great NSV story lol
  • jjsjrs
    jjsjrs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That is funny. Good for you. The other day at work after pulling my pants up for a while I went out to the shop and drilled a new hole in my belt. I didn't have a leather punch readily available.

Keep up the good work :smile:
  • annasara21
    annasara21 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Love this! Well done!
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    I caught my brother using a Playstation power cord as a belt one time during his weight loss...
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    That is funny! I love it! Keep up the great work!
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    THAT is a great story!!! Keep up the good work!!! :smile:
  • citizencrp
    citizencrp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite success story in ages! Well done. Now go get some new pants.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!