generally depressed people - post here!

Options
friend me and we'll commiserate?

Replies

• cretur
    cretur Posts: 19
    Options
    I am generally depressed cause the only support I get is my mom coming to my house daily telling me I am fat, I didn't get the promotion at work cause I am fat, No girls would like me cause I am fat and has my 3 year old daughter telling her to tell daddy he is fat and needs to get littler.. She puts picks of really large pics of large people on my fridge and tells me this is me.. I am not overly huge, I just have a large pot belly cause I love the taste of food and soda. Hard being a single father so I get worried I eat, I get nervous I eat, I get bored I eat.. I need real motivation, Wish there was someone whom lived in my area who can meet up work out and give motivation..
  • nievedelimon
    Options
    Hi! I can understand how do you are fealing. My kids, my husband, and my self we are all fat for long time but my oldest son (16years old) started a program and he dropped about 80 pounds. he is in a schoolwork program out of the town, there he do not have access to the kitchen. My middle one (14 years old) just starter a program call Insanity, too intence for me, so I decide to start my program too but where can I found something for me. I bough a magazine and miracle i found myfitnesspal.com. not will be an easy thing to do specially if I have two very good cookers living with me.
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm depressed because I am. Don't think there's an actual reason for it. I've been off sick since February due to it and even been admitted to a clinic for a full month because I was a danger to myself. Now slowly getting myself back up. Very slowly.

During the first three months I gained 20 pounds. So working to get that off again as apparently caring about how you look is important to get better. Good thing all the different medications give me the munchies or make me gain weight. Some days are better some days are worse.
  • harribo_mum
    Options
    I am because I have lost the weight and realised it hasn't solved all my problems so maybe I actually have to deal with them! Problem is I don't know how
  • camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Options
    Even though I'm doing better now, thanks to a cocktail of antidepressants, I'm a lifer, and I still have my bad days. Anyone who likes can friend me as well. I'm always there to listen and be supportive (well, not after 9 pm, but the rest of the day I am).
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i'm depressed, but thankfully ketosis helps a lot.
    it doesn't cure it completely, but at least i can get out of bed and not feel like killing myself everyday.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Me too. i hate exercising with a passion, but i know that when i do i feel better mentally and physically AFTER i exercise, but definitely not during. i'll work out for about 2 weeks and stop. i've done this my whole life. i'll join a gym, 2 weeks, stop. started 30-day shred, did 2 DAYS, got really sore, stopped. started again, gained a pouind, stopped. it's just a vicious cycle because i hate doing it, and then i feel worse when i don't do it. :( hate it...
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Clinically depressed.
  • KettydeDios
    KettydeDios Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I belong in this group too... so sad... but.... What can I say???
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Add me to this group! My dad was clinically depressed, as was his father...a nice family trait to have inherited. Thanks to a ton of yoga and a cocktail of AD's and Anti Anxiety meds...I'm a lot better. But, I still have my really dark days, and have just learned to live with it (I have 3 kids, so I don't have a choice). Hitting 40 made it worse, probably because of hormones and just the horrible reality that I am not a young, hip woman anymore (vain, I know). I feel like if I don't get a real handle on it right now, the next 45+ years (the women live long in my family) are going to be miserable. I feel like I'm fighting a losing and honestly quite selfish battle. It sucks, because I have relatively great life, yet I sit around worrying that I am missing out, which makes me more depressed...it is a vicious cycle. I'm like the people that are asking, "what's for lunch, " when they haven't even eaten breakfast! Slowing down and really focusing on enjoying the moment is my daily goal...and not letting anyone or anything get in the way of that happening! Ok, rant and therapy session over :flowerforyou: For all of my fellow sufferers...you are not alone!
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Yep, add me, too. Stress out at work, and the only relief I seem to get is in sleep. It's as though I absorb the family drama.

Trying not to head for the other remedy, which is seeking solace in food.

One other family member is trying to lose weight. The other family member is diabetic and is not only heading back into old habits, he shows no interest in changing. No exercise at all--just hangs out in a recliner all day.

I don't want to be like that.
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My highs and lows always take a toll on me... =(
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Does this actually affect weightloss?
  • maranatha777
    Options
    Add me to this group! My dad was clinically depressed, as was his father...a nice family trait to have inherited. Thanks to a ton of yoga and a cocktail of AD's and Anti Anxiety meds...I'm a lot better. But, I still have my really dark days, and have just learned to live with it (I have 3 kids, so I don't have a choice). Hitting 40 made it worse, probably because of hormones and just the horrible reality that I am not a young, hip woman anymore (vain, I know). I feel like if I don't get a real handle on it right now, the next 45+ years (the women live long in my family) are going to be miserable. I feel like I'm fighting a losing and honestly quite selfish battle. It sucks, because I have relatively great life, yet I sit around worrying that I am missing out, which makes me more depressed...it is a vicious cycle. I'm like the people that are asking, "what's for lunch, " when they haven't even eaten breakfast! Slowing down and really focusing on enjoying the moment is my daily goal...and not letting anyone or anything get in the way of that happening! Ok, rant and therapy session over :flowerforyou: For all of my fellow sufferers...you are not alone!

You just described me (except I inherited from my mother's side, I only have two kids, and I'm only 29 :laugh: But the rest is right on, it just sucks that no matter what I do I'm still tired, depressed, and irratable. Coming to the realization that I am going to have to live with it and take life moment by moment.
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i'm depressed.. life sucks, work sucks, family sucks, friends suck... counting calories suck.... feeling guilty sucks.. want to be lazy and lie on bed all day~~~~~~~~ OMG!