Needing help to push past my plateu

Options
I have lost 2/5ths of my goal... a whole 20lbs of the 50lbs I was aiming for but I have sat at 190lbs for 2 weeks after taking less than 2 months to lose the initial 20...

Anyone able to offer advice?

My weightloss has been down to eating better and exercising at least 20 minutes a day which I never ever did before,

Thank you in advance!! :)

ps...feel free to add me :)

Replies

• twonkieone
    twonkieone Posts: 132
    Options
    you may need to adjust what/how much you are eating to better reflect your new weight (way to go !!!!) ... i too am at a plateau but going on 6 months!!!!! i basically was eating too little and exercising too much -- mfp has been helping me keep better track so that i can balance myself back again!! did you adjust your settings and/or go back to the base rate tool??
    how about changing the exercises you are doing? your body will adjust to your workouts so maybe try a new class, add 5 pounds, try to crank out a few more reps?
    despite being "stuck" - 20 pounds is fantastic!!!!

brooke
  • Porcelaine22
    Porcelaine22 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Either open your diary or tell us more about your routine. How much are you eating and how much are you working out?

Otherwise, the standard advice is to make sure you're not over/underestimating anything. Are you measuring your food or estimating? Are you using a HRM or trusting MFP's estimates? Are you eating your exercise calories back? You may need to add strength training or interval training to your routine. You may need to change up your diet. There are just too many variables without knowing more details.
  • MABfit01
    MABfit01 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking your water? Calorie intake vs exercise calories lost> Compare these, then make an adjutment. :wink: