What happened to me???

Options
Hi everyone. New to the site as of yesterday. Extremely determined to find myself again. I have always had to be active to stay a Size 8. After getting married and having a baby at 38, I am now 172 pounds and a size 14. I am out of excuses that it is baby weight b/c it has been 4 years now. I want to lose 37 pounds - goal weight is 135 - this year. I want to lose the weight to:

1. be able to wear my wedding ring again
2. wear shorts again (Costa Rico trip in June)
3. To walk up the stairs without losing my breath
4. To feel confident and sexy again
5. To just feel good and positive all around

This weight has affected me in so many ways. I am going to lose it. I am determined.
How?
1. Joined our new rec center - I hate exercising so I call it being active
2. Got a weight loss partner
3. So something active every day
4. Eat healthier - trying the 400 Calorie Fix - eat (4) 400 calorie meals/snacks each day -helps with portion control
5. Try new activities to keep me motivated
6. Maintain a weighloss blog and document my weight loss experience: www.searchingfortracey.blogspot.com
7. Keep an exercise and food journal on MFP
8. Interact with others on MFP going through the same thing
9. Took before pictures - even naked ones - to see the difference each month

Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! And welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • jennbissonnette
    Options
    YOU are AMAZING! Their is nothing you cant do. Put your mind to it. A great way to motivate yourself after a week on this sight is to get a scale that also show the ounces. I do a weigh in once a week but through the week it helps to see that every other day i lost a couple of ounces! Its a great place and if you need any help theyre are a ton of great people here to help. Including myself!

-Jenn
  • simmonsntz
    Options
    You can do it!
    Tanya
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! Since you are new, I will let you know, if you didn't already, that you have the ability to blog on this site, and make it public or private, (I think--/not positive since I don't use it myself)...just in case it is easier to blog on the same site that you record your activities.
  • ANGELAWHALEY
    Options
    it sounds like you have really thought this through and have a GOOD plan. thats 1/2 the battle right there! i am right there with you! i am READY to make a CHANGE and get back to ME not this fat person who is hiding me.
    i am going to try getting up and doing an hour of cardio in the morning which is REALLY hard for me since i HATE getting up in the morning but i am going to think of it as a stolen pampering time. and tell myself it is ME time before everyone gets up and needs something. good luck to you! keep posting your progress!!