Getting sick...

Options
This time of year is so frustrating...I'm movitated to exercise and lose weight, and almost immediately I pick up the cold that everyone else around the office seems to have had. Grrrr!

Keeping my calories down today, but it's going to be hard to get exercise in if I'm not feeling well, and probably not a good idea anyway. Anyone else having this problem?

Replies

• horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Even if your not feeling well at least do a light aerobic workout. It will help.
  • breckmc
    breckmc Posts: 30
    Options
    I've been sick for three days. I've stayed out of the gym just because I know how annoyed I get when i see someone get off the machine I'm about to use and they're coughing and hacking all over the place. I agree it is frustrating not being able to work out when you're feeling so motivated.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I've had the flu the last 3 days... so I really can't workout, you can do a light workout only if you feel like it, don't push yourself too much cause then you will just get worse... hope you feel better.

~Leash :heart:
  • jfilon
    jfilon Posts: 80
    Options
    I've had the same issue, except I think mine is strep throat. Honestly, if you don't feel up to it, wait. It is a better idea to allow your body the rest that it needs to heal itself so it can be back at 100% than push yourself too much and make you feel worse.

Just my two cents. :)
  • katenyc112
    Options
    yeah that happened to me after i had gone to the gym for a week straight. I finally felt on track and then I got sick.
    You should just take it easy and be careful not to overeat while your sick. Sometimes I'll lay on my couch when I'm sick and I'll just keep eating.. be careful to watch it.
    Feel better! and good luck!