HI! Lost 100 Pounds and Need Motivation to Lose More!!!

Options
rawebe
rawebe Posts: 14 Member
Hello! I've been on this weight loss journey my entire life. I've lost and gained 100's of pounds over the last 20 + years. I've been on every diet plan and program. I really have not had a problem losing weight, when I set my mind to it. The problem I have is with maintenance and “falling off the wagon.” You see I start to get comfortable and BAM! I’m in hog heaven with a Twinkie or too (ok….and beer, pizza, snickers, chocolate, cake, cookies etc.)!

In April 2011, I topped the scale at 360 pounds. The heaviest in my life! I was bound and determined to change my life. I did not want to end up like my father, a severe diabetic, and a double amputee. I felt like crap, had no energy, and was extremely depressed. I wore a tight 32/34 and could only shop at the “chunky fine” stores/catalogs. You know, Catherine’s, Lane Bryant, Roman’s etc. My doctor told me I was borderline diabetic and he referred me to have bariatric surgery. After the orientation, I decided that this was not an operation for me. I could not fathom having my intestines rearranged and I fear surgery due to a prior allergic reaction to anesthesia.

Long story short, I had a “Come to Jesus” conversation with myself and I went for it …all by myself with no aids or help (besides a pen and paper). I started my last and final weight loss journey on May 2, 2011. This time I did not join a program, I did not buy a diet plan or equipment; I simply used my brain. My method is accountability; “I bite it, I write it!"

As of July 2012, one (1) year and 2 months later, I dropped 101 pounds. I weigh on a good day 259 pounds. I am down to a size 22. I can actually shop in some department stores. I feel better about myself. I still fight the depression. I am less tired and have more energy. Problem is I, sit and wait and plateau and yo yo. I’ve done this for at least two (2) months. Like I said on a good day I manage the 101 pound loss. However, I am fluctuating up and down a few pounds and not losing. I’m doing the tango of two (2) steps forward and three (3) steps back. I am tired to say the least. And I am really afraid that I am going to fall.

I need your help and advice. A friend told me about MFP after seeing my food journals. I must say it’s been quite the handy tool! No more paper and pen. Easy calorie guides …I no longer carry a book with me. I was also informed about the communities and support. So, I joined. I hope I did not mess up my karma or jinx myself by joining a program LOL!

My goal is to weigh 150 pounds by my 40th birthday, August 30, 2014. So, yes, if I do the math correctly that is 109 pounds in two (2) more years. I know I can do this. No, I will do this. But, …no buts. I have to admit I can’t do it alone. I need help, support, and advice.

I have a supportive family and husband. I need more support from others that are out there on this journey too. I appreciate any help you can offer me and am willing to provide you with what support or advice I have.

I must continue my battle. Thank you for the opportunity to say “hi.”

Replies

• katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    oh honey! You are AMAZING! First off, you lost all that weight, A WHOLE PERSON basically, and are still going strong! You are such a beautiful person inside and out and I would love to be buds! We can cheer each other on!!!
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I know all about the yo yo dieting and being up and down and trying every possible diet plan on the planet. I've done it all and nothing has stuck for me either. Something always came in my way and helped to distract me from my ultimate goal. You can definitely friend me if you want and we can help support each other. I was around 320 when I started 2 weeks ago and now I'm down to 312. I'm joining a medical weight loss program on Saturday that is focused on nutrition, personal training, psychological health and medical health. Hopefully this can jump start things even more and get ready to lose this weight once and for all :) We can do it. I know I want to get down to my goal weight by the end of 2013 even though it'll take a lot of work I think I can do it. You can too :) Good Luck!
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You're story is inspiring. You have done a fantastic job losing over 100 pounds on your own. I would definitely say that's a huge accomplishment. Please don't give up. You've come so far and I know you're capable of doing this...we can keep eachother motivated. Feel free to add me.
  • thefullmontysmom
    thefullmontysmom Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    oh honey! You are AMAZING! First off, you lost all that weight, A WHOLE PERSON basically, and are still going strong! You are such a beautiful person inside and out and I would love to be buds! We can cheer each other on!!!

This goes for me too!
  • wanniet
    wanniet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How motivating are you!! I applaud you for standing up to your inner-self and giving it the permission needed to release over a 100lbs...and with no gadgets, diet programs...just pure will power. You are such an inspiration! All you have to do is continue to leave the road ahead of you wide open so that you can reach your ultimate goal..one step at a time. Please feel free to add me...
  • rawebe
    rawebe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'll send a request. I need the support and motivation to journey on : )
  • sskavlebo
    Options
    you are doing so great, and great job on losing the weight you have lost so far! I have some tips for you if you are interested.
  • DesiMum
    DesiMum Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How inspirational,

I have spend the last 2 years losing and gaining the same 15 lbs. GRRR. Would love to friend you and use you as a role model