Worried about Traveling

Options
Due to get on the road for the first time this year. I'm due for an 8 hour road trip for work, beginning this afternoon. Typically, road trips involve fast food stops and then nights out on the town while away... all resulting in a dieting mess.

Any one have any great suggestions to keep me out of trouble?

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    McD's Egg Mcmuffin is 300 calories, coffee is free. Do not eat the potato things - and there's breakfast.

Subway, 12" ham on wheat. Eat half for lunch, the other half later. Air pop some popcorn and have bottles of water along.

Get a book on CD for the trip, keeps your mind occupied and the road munching to a minimum. Public Library should have a good selection.

I do it all the time, work traveling on my motorcycle, it's not so bad. Have fun, try to really pay attention to your surroundings and see what you can see. Leave early so you'll have some extra time, and then you can stop off at interesting tourist traps along the way. Life is a trip.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    When I travel for work:

I pack oatmeal for breakfast and use the coffee pot they normally put into rooms to heat up water
    Get up early and use the fitness center if available or go for a walk/run
    Pack healthy snacks to have in the room and have some before going to dinner (not as hungry, can skip appetizer and dessert)
    Reduce alcohol consumption as they are empy calories
    Order water with meals instead

Have a good trip.
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    That was really great advice.

Deff bring popcorn, or you could make sandwiches before and bring them on the trip that way you know exactly what you're eating.
    You could also pack healthy snacks in a cooler.
    Also lots of bottled water.
  • ericroberts
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback.. i really appreciate it.