So close to goal but just can't seem to get there

Options
Ok, so I've lost 46 pounds in almost 11 months. When I started out, I was hoping to have lost 50 lbs by my birthday. My birthday is August 25th and it's so close I can taste it. However, I have been within 5 lbs of this goal for over a month now and I just gain and lose the same couple of pounds. I am at my wit's end. I know that 4 lbs is such a trivial amount but I really want the bragging rights. It has to be doable.

So, what would you do if you were me? I am in the 4th week of P90x (Recovery). My exercise totals are entered using a HRM. I used to net 1300, then 1500, then 1800 and when that resulted in a horribly long plateau, I've lowered my net back down to 1350. I eat between half and all of my exercise calories. My exercises are strength and cardio. I pretty much do something different everyday. My diary is open. Tell me what you would do. I am getting desperate to make this goal. I am embarrassed to admit that I even briefly considered trying a diet pill. :(

BMR- 1432
TDEE- 2147

Seriously, any ideas?

Replies

• MinaAriel
    MinaAriel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • GatorGirl0890
    GatorGirl0890 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think I would probably go super low carb and see if that helped. I hope something works for you! 46 pounds is amazing =)
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jamifaith
    Options
    my first thought is to tell you congrats! Youvee done amazing, try not to be discouraged. Have you tried zigzagging your calories? Instead of having your calorie limit be the same each day add up your calorie limit for the week and then stagger those calories, something like 1300 on Monday, 1600 on Tuesday, etc. You might want to google and see if there are better guidelines for staggering your calories but it might be worth a try if you are still stuck. Good luck!
  • d4wn66
    d4wn66 Posts: 48
    Options
    Personally if you want to try some sort of diet pil why not !
    People in glass houses and all that.
    Having said thatvThere are lots of foods that naturally benefit your metabolism , I've lost over 5kg not exercising due to injuries, but eat lots food strong in antioxidants etc.
    Good luck , you will do this ! :smile:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Switch to reducing your body fat % instead. It will definitely help and its a new kind of challenge.
  • mommie55
    mommie55 Posts: 23
    Options
    maybe your body is too used to the same exercises ....try a bike ride or go take a hike on a tough terrain.....I have always been told that if you hit a plateau to ......up the amount of exercise by just 5 to 10 min...and have another glass of water!