HRM

Options
Hi i'm eyeing up either Polar FT4 or Sportline SX(because i'm cheap) also i'm not a big fan of online purchases. anyways i'm just wondering how accurate the readings for calorie burn will be as my workouts typically consist of 30 Minutes strength training and 20 Minutes intense Cardio.

Replies

• AZ_Runner
    AZ_Runner Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about HRM, too. What is the best choice for weight loss?
  • neonemesis
    neonemesis Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to update i just picked up the FT4 as figured don't be cheap and get something that's gonna work. Still wondering about how accurate its going to be for my style of workout.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I ordered the Polar ft4 and figured out how to use it. I don't know if it's accurate or not, but most of the recommendations for HRM were this model. I'm planning to use it for the first time at a Zumba class tomorrow night, I'll see what I think after that.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Polar FT4 since February and I love it. I just bought a second chest strap for it so I don't have to schedule my morning/evening workouts around whether it's dry or not. it's great for cardio - I';ve heard not so much for strength training but the closest experience I have for that is doing 30DS and Bob Harper's power workout dvd's and it did give me calorie burns, but no way to know how accurate that is. I trust the HRM moreso than random,generic burns given on MFP or other sites though.
  • JennyAnnLanders
    JennyAnnLanders Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and the Mio Petite HRM's. I like the easiness of just wearing the watch style of the Mio petite...and it always shows I burn more calories than the Polar FT4... We were on vacation in mid-July and I left the chest strap band in a motel so I have to order another 1 of those. Fortunately I didn't leave the little monitor thing that snaps onto the strap or the the watch part of it. So another $15 + shipping and I'll get it fixed. For Zumba it shows I burn a lot less calories then the Mio shows or what mfp says for my height, weight, age...