Nausea after eating

Options
So, for the past few weeks, I have felt sick to my stomach after eating. (To ward off the inevitable: I am not pregnant, which I have ascertained after taking a pregnancy test and getting my period last week. :happy: ) It can be anywhere from mild to moderate tummy ache. It's not after any one thing (veggies, carbs, chicken, red meat, etc.) and it can happen at any time of the day. I've been using MFP for about 3 months, I eat all my exercise cals, I take a vitamin, and I seriously don't know what's happened to my once very agreeable stomach! :frown: Has anyone else encountered something like this? Any thoughts/advice is welcomed and needed!!

(I searched the message boards, but I couldn't find anything that seemed to apply to my situation. Sorry if this is a repeat!)

Replies

• eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    So, for the past few weeks, I have felt sick to my stomach after eating. (To ward off the inevitable: I am not pregnant, which I have ascertained after taking a pregnancy test and getting my period last week. :happy: ) It can be anywhere from mild to moderate tummy ache. It's not after any one thing (veggies, carbs, chicken, red meat, etc.) and it can happen at any time of the day. I've been using MFP for about 3 months, I eat all my exercise cals, I take a vitamin, and I seriously don't know what's happened to my once very agreeable stomach! :frown: Has anyone else encountered something like this? Any thoughts/advice is welcomed and needed!!

(I searched the message boards, but I couldn't find anything that seemed to apply to my situation. Sorry if this is a repeat!)
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    could it be the vitamin? A lot of people have complained about supplements making them nauseous
  • vmazzaluna
    vmazzaluna Posts: 3
    Options
    Unless someone else posts something more enlightening, I'd see a doctor. I've had a lot of diet and exercise related issues but never something like this.

It could just be some sort of bug going around your area.

Good luck and feel better!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I think it could be the vitimin too. Sometimes they can really mess with the stomach lining. ( unless you've been taking vitamins all along) then I would go and see a Dr.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    i had this.. i took my vitamins on an empty tummy.. then i changed it up.. i'd eat my breakfast, wait til it settles then take the vitamin with a glass of water.. now i don't get upset tummy..

if it's not the vitamin, i'd see a Dr sweety!

Good Luck!
  • mknott
    mknott Posts: 17
    Options
    I went through something real similar. Not sure if I felt nauseated but I definitely had stomache pains AFTER I ate for quite some time. I don't recall if I was taking vitamins at the time and unfortunately I don't recall how it went away. I know that it can be a sign of ulcers for sure. But when I went to the doc, I did not have ulcers. I have IBS and so I just sometimes get weird digestive pains and I think that's all it was for me. So maybe you have ulcers? Maybe IBS? Or something else? You should probably just go consult with your doctor, though. Best of luck!
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Do you use ibprofen at all? or possibly your birth control? if you started taking a new one. When I was 19 I was continously vomiting before a meal or after ,in the the middle of the night, I had developed a stomach ulcer, but your best bet is seeing a dr.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Also - besides seeing a doctor - ginger and licorice are good for upset tummies. Maybe while trying to figure out what is going on they might help you get through anyway. Ginger ale and/or licorice tea are good stomach settlers, as well as peppermint. Good luck - hope it gets better soon! Also - real licorice not jelly beans or such :tongue:
  • artzie1234
    artzie1234 Posts: 5
    Options
    I have also gotten very sick when using a new vit... may want to try not taking it for a while and see how the tummy feels after that :)
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    My advise would be to see your doctor. We tend to fall into the fact the web has all the answers.
    If your having these symptoms for an extended period of time you really should go see a
    physician. It could be your gallbladder, an ulcers or just something as simple as indigestions?
    Hope you feel better soon,
    Kelly :flowerforyou:
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thanks for writing everyone! I don't think it's the vitamin, I've been taking it for quite a while. Looks like I'm going to be heading to the doctor sometime soon. I'll let you know if anything crazy pops up.

Thanks again, you guys are the best!

Jess
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Yes, keep us posted. Working in the medical field I always want to know these things :smile:
    I seriously hope you feel better soon. It's not fun when our bodies fail us :sick:
    Kelly :flowerforyou: