How do you make yourself realize how much you've changed?

Options
13»

Replies

• stephyj528
    stephyj528 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    you truly look astounding! very happy too! honestly idk bc i look back at pics when i was at my lowest weight and i felt so fat then and regret thinking that way but then again we do feel bloated no matter how much we ate or didnt. theres one of those ecards that said "i wish i was as thin as i actually was back when i thought i was fat" made me laugh so hard very true haha. were always here on this site its a process <3
  • hg5159
    hg5159 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! There are some great ideas here. Congrats to all of you on your success as well!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Not only did I hang up a picture of myself 100 lbs ago, I went so far as to keep an old "fat" outfit hanging on a peg by my mirror. So now when I look in the mirror and see Ms. Fatty staring back at me, I just glance up at the size 18 pants hanging there and remind myself that I'm a 9 now.

But seriously, it's not just a woman thing. It's a people thing. When we're fat, we see the skinny version of ourself. When we're thin, all we see is our old fat selves.

It sucks.
  • SharonReitsma
    SharonReitsma Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    great job on your journey! I had the exact same conversation with my therapist today. I walk in and immediately she was "well hellooo skinny! you look fantastic"... then I tried to explain that I don't feel fantastic and other than when I'm looking at side by side photos, I don't even think I'm any different.

her advice? be kinder to yourself. reaffirm every day with those pictures, with your increased fitness level, with old clothes.... that you have changed your outside. the inside and your self esteem needs time to catch up. so help it along by addressing it and affirming to yourself the good changes.

good luck hon. you'll get there.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Time, baby girl. It takes longer for your brain to lose weight than your body. The important thing is to continue to do things that you love to do, with the people you love being around, to counteract the negative still-overweight girl in your head that keeps saying you still arent good enough.

You are.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I have a progress photo album on facebook. I take pics once a month and it helps me see the change for myself. Also my clothes getting looser on me is a good indicator too. I still have days where I still feel big but I can say that at least I'm smaller than I used to me. :)