Remaining calories at end of day, normal?

Options
I have over 300 left. Is this normal? Sorry I'm new to this

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    It happens sometimes, though you should generally try to stick closer to your target. A good guide to making sure you are eating enough is to always eat more than your BMR, which is basically how many calories your body needs to function each day. The website has a BMR calculator in the Tools section.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You should try to get as close as possible, but if you're just not hungry I wouldn't worry about it. I leave that much left over a few times a week, but may go a little over a couple of days. No day is exactly the same. =)
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    As long as you are weighing and measuring everything and getting the calculations right, then I say add in another snack!

I had a peak at your diary for today and the only thing I'd say is look at your calories for your dinner. I'd say gammon, roast potatoes and cauliflower cheese would be more than 500 calories unless you had a small portion? But if you have measured it all correctly then maybe have some fruit or something so you aren't as much under your goal?
  • pepin1224
    pepin1224 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much, I tend to average around 1100 when I'm supposed to have about 2000. Some days, I'll give myself a break and over eat, it seems to be working well for me. As long as you're not starving yourself than you should be okay. The best thing to do is listen to your body.
  • jenfidge
    jenfidge Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I only had a small portion of califlower cheese, the gammon was the no fat, be good to yourself range and the roast potatoes were small.
    Maybe they were a few more calories than I thought but even then I would still be under.
    I might have a few extra pieces of fruit tomorrow perhaps
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I aim to have a few calories left over each day so I can treat myself at the weekend. I think of my calories as a weekly budget and as long as they tally up at the end of the week it's fine. I find the weekly graph function very useful, it lets me know how many cals I have left.
    X