Cucumbers!

Options

Replies

• xoMeaghan
    xoMeaghan Posts: 175
    Options
    No idea cucumbers could do this much. I only thought they had a lot of water and tasted delicious ;D
  • wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    A. I like cucumbers (Souther vinegar salt pepper ice melting on top while other dishes are prepped)
    B. They do contain all the good stuff OP mentioned, but less than 1% of most

Broccoli, Bell Pepper, now they are packed with nutrients.
  • LANIECE1
    LANIECE1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    WOW THAT'S AWESOME!! THE AMAZING CUCUMBER, ITS ALSO GREAT IN SASSY WATER, TO KEEP YOUR BELLY FLAT!!

SASSYWATER.COM
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I grew cucumbers from seed for the first time every this year. I'm going to have a ton very soon! Yummmm!
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Bumping :bigsmile:
  • erikapereira
    Options
    great info
  • angelicarubi
    angelicarubi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MZNIKKIBOO
    MZNIKKIBOO Posts: 190
    Options
    bump
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Huh...look at that!
    Can anyone confirm that ALL of those are true? I need facts, studies and reports to prove these things...This is a serious weight loss forum after all!
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I had absolutely no idea that cucumbers did all that!!! I absolutely love them plain or with vinegar (a southern thing).
    We do that here too, sliced, vinegar and a few sprinkles of salt and pepper :) (always thought french canadian thing)
    i think id rather eat the cucumber than rub anything else with it. :tongue:

I am originally from Maine and we did it also... Father's side of the family was French Canadian. It just so happens I now live in the south... so I am covered for both North and South! :)
  • kenyajae
    kenyajae Posts: 48
    Options
    bump
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    While I love my cucumbers, I'm HIGHLY suspicious of most of the facts stated here. I looked up the nutrition info, and while it is a good source of vitamin K, it isn't a good source of most of the other vitamins listed (it only has 2% of our daily vitamin B1 in a cup of cucumber, for example). http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrientprofile&dbid=62

Also, anything that starts off saying "Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite " is 99.9% non-credible, in most cases.

Would be interested in seeing an actual source for all this info. I tried looking this up on Snopes but it is listed as "research in progress".
  • paytonOMG
    paytonOMG Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That's not all cucumbers are good for....

This made me uncomfortable lol! :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Tue 08/07/12 02:04 PM

QUOTE:

This made me uncomfortable lol!

Then try a pickling cucumber
  • LeggiGetsFit
    LeggiGetsFit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well, time to go to the store!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Somebody already posted this.
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    What's the difference between horny and hungry?

It's where you put the cucumber!

Hahaha! Sorry, folks, I had to do it.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    While I love my cucumbers, I'm HIGHLY suspicious of most of the facts stated here. I looked up the nutrition info, and while it is a good source of vitamin K, it isn't a good source of most of the other vitamins listed (it only has 2% of our daily vitamin B1 in a cup of cucumber, for example). http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrientprofile&dbid=62

Also, anything that starts off saying "Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite " is 99.9% non-credible, in most cases.

Would be interested in seeing an actual source for all this info. I tried looking this up on Snopes but it is listed as "research in progress".

Plus they contain dihydrogen monoxide, which can also be found in Oil, Anti-Freeze, and gasoline!
  • MadMooseGirl
    Options

BRB-using-imagination-since-no-pics.jpg

I visited the market today and I was shocked if not taken aback at how big they where, compared to the supermarket! :p