Affordable way to buy fruits and veggies?

Options
2»

Replies

• Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I like farmer's markets and find them to be less expensive than the grocery stores.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    price match!!!!!!! Sales ads and farmers market!!!!
  • herwholejourney
    herwholejourney Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Some of the 99 cent stores have produce and the same frozen fruits/veggies that you would get at the store except obviously way cheaper!
  • pinkie1981
    Options
    I dont know what you have around you, but to keep the cost down in my house I shop at road side stands, and also flea markets for my fruits and veggies
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    word. like i said some of them fruits can be awkward, like freezing watermelon may be weird lol. but yea just chop up and prep it, i got mass blueberries, strawberries, peppers, onions in the freezer that i got at the market up the street
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    We do our shopping once or twice a month also because we live so far out. We do have a grocery store but it's crazy expensive.I buy some fresh and some frozen. We eat the fresh then move on to the frozen. If I do have to run in to town I check the discount bins and sales for fresh fruit and veggies. If I find a great sale on a veggie, often I will pre-cook it and freeze it myself. Rarely eat canned food.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Farmer's Markets! Look for local Co-ops. There's lots of things out there, you just have to look :)