Need motivation :-(

Options
Hi, Im holly! I have never posted on a board. Im desperate for motivation. Just told my hubby, I think I need a iv of b-12 lol.. I have always been heavy. I have 3 boys.When I got married I weighed 215 and I was also pregnant with my first boy. So yeah ive always been a chunker In 2008 I was at my heaviest weighing in at 293. I had an awakening moment. I was feeling dizzy and tired.. My hubby told me to check my sugar. I laughed it off because I was only 24.. I checked it because I got tired of feeling this way with 3 kids you dont have time to be sick.. Anyway my sugar was higher than it should be. So it really got me in an *kitten* kicking mood. I done great got up every morning walked with the kiddos, worked out every evening. Ate like I was supposed too and lost down to 240 pnds. I started in March and ended in July. We had been living in South Carolina because my hubby was in the air force he served and we moved back to Virginia.. We moved back and by Dec 2010 I was back up to 290. I am now 265. I weigh myself everyday. It keeps me in check. Reminds me were I am and were I don't want to be. I go through these phases of being motivated by music,videos documentaries I kept a journal on Facebook and it was public so people could watch what I do, Its motivating.But eventually just fade off with keeping it up. I am good for a few mnths and just slip back to old habits. I dont have unrealistic goals and alot of people look to me for motivation. But were do I look lol? I mean yeah im not were I was but I sure dont want to stay were I am ... Any ideas?

Replies

• carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi, Holly! We are all in the same boat to some extent. We've all been fatter than we are now; skinnier than we are now; and we all ride the weight train (not the same thing as the soul train) :smokin:

This site is so good for motivation and support. I never feel alone and have 'friended' some nice people who keep in contact with me....each day, week, month.

I think, however, that your number 1 motivator has to be you. You have to think about what you're eating; try to exercise (even if it's just walking); borrow exercise dvds from your public library and start out slow. I keep telling myself that this is a one day at a time journey. And the journey requires conscious efforts to stay on track ... and to be happy with your progress along the way.

I've only been averaging about a 1 pound per week weight loss...but heck, I'm up to 13.5 pounds gone....and it's better than adding 13.5 pounds by doing absolutely nothing.

Just give it your best attempt and accept a couple of stumbles along the way. Hugs from us all! :blushing:
  • fatima147
    Options
    Hi, Holly! We are all in the same boat to some extent. We've all been fatter than we are now; skinnier than we are now; and we all ride the weight train (not the same thing as the soul train) :smokin:

This site is so good for motivation and support. I never feel alone and have 'friended' some nice people who keep in contact with me....each day, week, month.

I think, however, that your number 1 motivator has to be you. You have to think about what you're eating; try to exercise (even if it's just walking); borrow exercise dvds from your public library and start out slow. I keep telling myself that this is a one day at a time journey. And the journey requires conscious efforts to stay on track ... and to be happy with your progress along the way.

I've only been averaging about a 1 pound per week weight loss...but heck, I'm up to 13.5 pounds gone....and it's better than adding 13.5 pounds by doing absolutely nothing.

Just give it your best attempt and accept a couple of stumbles along the way. Hugs from us all! :blushing:

sooo soo true... i used to feel that im the only person in this whole world who is fat but in turns out, our feelings arent unique... and she is right 1st u need to get those negative thoughts out of ur mind and then u can progress on...

good luck and if u need me im here 4 u:flowerforyou:
  • WickedPixie1
    WickedPixie1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been a child of or married to the military all my life. In my life, change is inevitable lol!
    I'm finding MFP to be pretty awesome since it gives you a number, your job is to stick to that!
    I used to go hell for leather with dieting and exercising and then I'd have a day off that would stretch into two or three and then before I knew it, I hadn't done anything in months.
    Eating healthy isn't too much of an issue for me, portion control was and probably always will be. I will have to weigh and log my food somewhere...either here or one of my many notebooks lying around.
    I AM lazy, so I have to make an effort to workout
    I just got to a point this time around that I HAD to change, HAD to stop making excuses for myself, starting 'tomorrow' wasn't going to cut it anymore.
    I don't do it for anyone, just me, my hubby is my biggest saboteur so I've put him on ignore for the time being! LOL!
    My 3 kids are awesome, they are my cheerleaders now, even though they are going miss SUMO mommy!
    If you need a friend, add me if you want...I've been lurking here a while and only just recently decided to start posting, it helps.
  • jean1984
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I taught Zumba to a group of girls in the community last year and we keep in contact and we tried to keep it up after I quit volunteering. But finding time to get together was the thing.. Just 2 mnths ago I was walking twice a day and found that The Biggest Loser workout for Wii is awesome.. My hubby is also overweight. He really isn't into wanting to loose it but that doesn't stop me. I do it for me and me only. He tells me I am beautiful and he likes me the way I am and my reply is "It's not about you" lol.. I have big family members I have an uncle who weighs im sure well over 500pnds. My mom and dad arent big but my brother is.. He is also tall. Im only 5'4 yay so 265 pnds compacted into that height sucks. I want to quit yo-yo ing. My goal is to lose it and keep it off and help others. I have always been the kind of person to help people.. Im pretty active. I am a paranormal investigator we video our investigation so it would be nice not to look so awful on camera too lol
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else has said, you have to do this for yourself. I have a husband that is underweight and can eat anything he likes. He keeps cookies, donuts and cupcakes on the table and it has been a struggle to avoid those temptations, but I know that I have to lose the weight. I have suffered all the health issues related to being overweight and I know that losing weight won't cure the permanent damage that I already have, but I can prevent them from getting worse and have even improved my health dramatically this past year. You can do this and know that we are here to help you anytime you need to vent or just need some motivation. Feel free to add me. My name is Kimberlee and I am 48 yrs. old.